z

Young Writers Society

Anyone down to make a comic?

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:47 am
View Likes
Mohammed says...

Hey, I'm a young writer who, like many writers, wants to create a comic. I have some what a lot of experience since I've worked with artists (through a sight called Manga Magazine). I've written countless plots and a few scripts but haven't really made a comic. I was wondering if anybody on this site would like to collaborate to make one of my plots into an actual comic and not just words sitting on paper. If you're interested please don't hesitate to hit me up at mohammedgyasi@gmail.com

Here is a link to one chapter of a comic I came up with. The artist I collaborated with is very talented. We made this about a year ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL_IIzQGJn4

Thank you,
Mohammed

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:56 pm
Blackwood says...

Hey there, if you are looking for artists you should head over to the art and photography forum to see what's going on there.
viewforum.php?f=27

I also tried to make a club for this purpose (Making and collaborating and sharing comics and visual novels) but it didn't really take off. However if you pop over there and want to help with it's activity and bring it alive you are more than welcome to.
clubs/1765
I would really love to see this take off further as I was recently making my own comic. If I had inspired and active members to the cause I would certainly be more inclined to take it to the next level.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:27 pm
Zolen says...

Problem: You are on a writing site mostly made up of peoples who's skill is writing, few of which can actually draw well enough for comic work as their skill set is more for writing, and of those that can picked a writing site to show their stuff, thus are capable writers themselves more likely then not. I suggest you try some places more likely to be in need of a writer for a artist, Newgrounds for example is well known for its collaborative community.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:32 pm
Cirute says...

I can draw, but I only do traditional art (as opposed to digital), and do not have a scanner.
"Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention."
-The Sex Pistols

Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:33 am
Mohammed says...

Blackwood thanks for the suggestion I am new to the site am trying to get accustomed to it. As for the club, I would be honored to join.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:34 am
Mohammed says...

Cirute wrote:I can draw, but I only do traditional art (as opposed to digital), and do not have a scanner.

I do have a scanner would you be interested in a collaboration?

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:42 am
Cirute says...

I dunno, it sounds awfully complex and rather difficult. Really, if I was you, I'd try to find someone who does digital art. With digital art, it's much easier to make a comic.
"Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention."
-The Sex Pistols

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:09 am
Pan says...

Actually, this is kind of perfect. I've been trying to come up with a plot for a comic, I contemplated joining squills.
It'd be fun and such, and I'm okay at digital art, I'm not super great or anything, but perhaps you could send me a small portion of the script and I could illustrate it, if you want...?
(Also I'm kind of looking for a writer and if the digital thing doesn't work, I have a scanner...)
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:05 pm
Mohammed says...

PenAndSword wrote:Actually, this is kind of perfect. I've been trying to come up with a plot for a comic, I contemplated joining squills.
It'd be fun and such, and I'm okay at digital art, I'm not super great or anything, but perhaps you could send me a small portion of the script and I could illustrate it, if you want...?
(Also I'm kind of looking for a writer and if the digital thing doesn't work, I have a scanner...)

Alright, I'll send you a sample script. Do you have an email I can send it to? Would you like to see the some plots as well or only the script?

Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde