Young Writers Society

Inspiration Point

530 Reviews

Reviews: 530
Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:48 pm
View Likes
Renard says...

HELLO ALL!

Ok, I have never done this before, so I hope it doesn't suck completely. My idea is this...

There's got to be someone you admire, whether it be a family member or someone in the public eye, or even an imaginary friend. What I want you to do, what is the purpose of the challenge, is writing a profile on what they are like. Almost like a mini-biography.

Go into as much detail as you want, including whatever you want to about this person. There is only ONE factor I declare you MUST DEFINITELY INCLUDE, and that is: Why they inspire you. (And there are a couple of other rules)

Is it their courage? Their wildly attractive tone of voice or their kindness or whatever it is about them. Basically, I want you to realise one of the things you find inspirational in people. And maybe, you can transfer this into your writing, ideas for characters, etc. etc.

If you're interested, reply here and let me know who you are going to write about and why.

OFFICIAL RULES

1. You may only write about one person
2. You must define why they inspire you
3. The profile must be of at least 100 words

There is no deadline for this challenge. Feel free to do whenever, or not, as the case may be.
This is the same colour as cheese XD

No longer Bloodink. No longer BloodinkSeesFootage. Now: Renard. ;)

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:04 pm
View Likes
MasterGrieves says...

The person I admire and inspires me has been my fiancee, who is on this site (and has posted this thread). Not to turn this into a sloppy declaration of love, but she has inspired me in several ways:

1) She has made me realise I am not a bad person.
2) She has forced me to confront myself and rethink how I view the world.
3) She has shown me that long distance relationships do work, and that the greatest relationships are found in the most unexpected places.

I could go on forever (which I will, when I marry her and we will have children), but point being, she is one of a kind. She is mine. She is chocolate. I love her.

<333
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

530 Reviews

Reviews: 530
Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:10 pm
View Likes
Renard says...

I could write way more than a 100 words on the person that has inspired me the most.
My fiance. Heyo!

So... this is quite fitting, and the reason I have chosen to start this whole project today is because of him. <3 Fankies :3

Yeah, I owe him a lot.

1. He makes me feel special
2. He made me realise that there are things I need to fight for
3. And helped me understand that there is someone who loves me more than I could ever imagine. Until today... and I started to see the reality of it.
4. There seems to be a point to certain things with him around.
5. He makes me laugh and smile like a lunatic and feel really happy

And there is so much more, but most importantly:

He makes me satisfied. On several different levels, in many different ways.
He talks rational sense where I fail to do so. He tells me jokes when I'm down and wipes tears from my cheeks when I'm sad. He listens, and offers advice, even when I don't want to hear it. He is generally supportive and loving and kind and intelligent. And those jokes are terrible btw.

I am learning to accept and believe his compliments.
To stop self deprecating.
To not take everything so damn personally.
And I am learning, and want to learn all this because of him.
Because he believes in me.

He is @567ajt

And I love him immensely. :)

<3

You. Inspire. Me. By. Being. You.
This is the same colour as cheese XD

No longer Bloodink. No longer BloodinkSeesFootage. Now: Renard. ;)

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"