Religious items
40%

Total votes : 42

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:38 am
Snoink says...

So, my sister and I were having a debate!

Would you rather have a house that was full of pigs... like, you could see multiple pigs in every single room (even in the bathroom!) or would you rather have a house that had religious pictures or items in most (but not all) rooms?

I say that most people would go for religious items. My sister says people would rather have pigs.

Vote! Who is right?!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:48 am
PiesAreSquared says...

I would say religious items because I'm scared of pigs. Just kidding I love pigs but not in a house!

(Edit: I do believe you refer to live pigs if not then I is change my vote to pigs. Pigs are aesthetically interesting)
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:53 am
Snoink says...

Nope! Pigs that are decorations, only. Pets not included. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

155 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 155
Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:05 am
Arcticus says...

If you're talking about pig-themed pictures/items: Love pets, but I wouldn't like a pig-themed or for that matter an animal-themed house.

As for the second option, having some religious pictures/items around the house - no harm. But all rooms? Not quite me.

P.S : A house with an abstract art theme. Now that would be cool!
You either worship something higher than yourself or end up worshiping yourself

Naturally Tipsy ©

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:09 pm
View Likes
birk says...

Religious pig items!

The holy pig statue and the holy pig scepter et cetera..
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:17 pm
Cirute says...

I really like history, so I'd have to go with religious items. All my friends would think I'm crazy.
"Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention."
-The Sex Pistols

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:50 am
Karzkin says...

One of my best friends' house is full of ducks, and my first girlfriend's house is full of lady-beetles. It's a bit weird, but I guess people just have their things. Maybe it says something about the owner, I dunno.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

K's Killa Kritiques

#TNT

All Hail the undisputed king of the YWS helicopter game.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:00 pm
ongoeslife says...

I think I'd take the pigs. When you said "religious items", my first thought was "Oh, no, idols!!" Which is probably not what you meant. :P But, I do believe that the way I live would (hopefully) be a testimony of my faith, without having to throw all those things in someone's face.

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:33 pm
View Likes
Cailey says...

I can't decide because the option of religious items just makes me imagine my house turned into an old cathedral, and honestly cathedrals kind of scare me...
Like, I don't think I would be able to sleep with a giant statue of St. Paul watching me.

But pig decorations, that would be so much pink and I'd end up crying for Charlotte every time I looked at my walls.

But I think a pig themed bathroom would be awesome. When I have my own house...
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:41 pm
lostthought says...

I was never in any religion so it would be a bit awkward if my parents came to call when I get my own house when I'm older. If I have a pig themed house, I will always crave bacon. I choose pigs.

(I would rather do one of those paint like throw paint at the walls in random ways and then have pencil holders everywhere so if I get a random burst of inspiration,I can write it on the wall so I don't forget
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:04 pm
Cole says...

I'm just short of being obsessed with saints and their iconography. So, religious items.

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:16 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Hmm. This is hard!

Pigs - The only people I know that have houses decorated entirely with animal themes (like frog stuffed animals and figurines or pillows and bedding with cat faces plastered all over 'em) have been crazy. A few pig decorations is fine, but a whole house of them would make me look like the nuts on those TLC shows about obsessions or addictions and... no. Just no.

Religious items - Well, the first thing I think of when I think of someone having a house full of religious items is Margaret White from Carrie. Not exactly a great image to have. XD I'm all for showing your religious pride, but having a house filled with religious items... again, no.

This is soooo hard.

But I guess I'd go with the religious items. I don't even know why. O_O

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:29 pm
Tenyo says...

Religion carries a much heavier weight than pigs. Not that pigs aren't of huge importance, but generally people don't govern their consciences, lives and nations on pigs.

If I have to have something decorate every room in my house I'd go with pigs.

If, however, pigs did start to take over the world, I'd opt for cows.
We were born to be amazing.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:35 pm
Lava says...

.. I read it as Pigs or Religious Interns and thought, hell I might even just go ahead with such a religious internship if it will pay me. O.o

As for houses - pig theme or religious themes - I'd prbably gor for religious theme, because that would appeal to my idea of decor inside the house. (But also, each room can be specific god/goddess themes which would be cool and have wooden and gold based decor, some brilliant paintings to adorn the walls etc.)
I think I love the 'styles' usually associated with religion, but err.. not in the bathroom, please.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:31 am
Rook says...

If I got to choose (and if the pigs were alive, it would definitely be religious items), I might say pigs, because I went to this one restaurant called Oinks where the walls were just covered with pig paraphernalia. It wasn't bad.
When you say religious items, if you just meant like a picture of something that is religious to me, and not too overbearing on guests, like a nice picture of one of our temples or something:
Spoiler! :
or
or

Or just like, a picture of Jesus or something, maybe I'd choose that. But if I had to cover the walls with religious stuff, I'd go for pigs. I feel like it's more friendly and (dare I say it?) slightly less psychotic... maybe.

I really don't know. XD

plus we already have some pig stuff
Spoiler! :
there was more than this (a towel and a blanket and who knows what else) but I couldn't find it.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

The capacity of human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater than that of any other animal.
— H. L. Mencken