z

Young Writers Society

Could You Be The Last Man Standing?

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:30 pm
Tenyo says...

@RavenMoonStone
I won't be awake in three hours, so I'll just spam you at random intervals until I fall asleep =D
We were born to be amazing.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

I'll spam her.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:22 am
PiesAreSquared says...

I will post as soon as I get the edit forthe previous piece done. This is a bother!
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:14 am
View Likes
Noelle says...

I'm getting to it, I'm getting to it. Stop badgering me!!! :P
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:34 am
View Likes
Soulkana says...

I'm writing it tomorrow. You know what's up for me. I still need to think of what to write.
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:17 am
View Likes
Laure says...

I will post tonight too. x.x As soon as I edit out all the info dump.

560 Reviews

Thu May 01, 2014 6:17 pm
Tenyo says...

Sorry, this is longer than I expected it to be.

I'm gonna tag all the sages here so I don't point out any names: @PiesAreSquared @kayfortnight @Noelle @Holysocks @OliveDreams @Messenger @Deanie @AriaAdams @SushiSashimi333 @WritingWolf @Noelle @megsug

Wait what? Why am I tagging Sages?
Because some of you are severely neglecting your contestants! D=

Glancing through the contestants and reviews there definitely seems to be a correlation between the morale of the contestant and the dedication of the sage, so it's really important that you let me know if you need help or are unable to continue your sagely duties.

Partly so that I can get one of our wonderful allstars to drop by and review in your place, and partly because it's my task to keep you guys motivated as well as your wary warriors, so if we're struggling then something needs to be done.

Tips I can offer:

~ Don't forget that you have until the Sunday after the chapter is due to review, that gives you more than a week. (Some of you are three weeks behind.)
~ Set an allocated space of time- ten- twenty minutes per chapter, sit but-in-chair and do it.
~ Read the work all the way through before reviewing. Novels are meant to be read rather than dissected, which means you'll enjoy it more and you'll have a better perspective on it.
~ When your time limit is almost done, quickly sum up your review, take a deep breath and press Submit.

If you haven't checked this out: clubs/1852/forum/72306 then it might be worth doing so.

What if you don't?

If you don't then I'm going to make a list of negligent sages and make wonderfully wicked mockeries of them in the Weekly Roundup ^__^

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Thu May 01, 2014 6:22 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Oh boy, I WAS behind till Review Day. I think I'm all caught up though. >.>

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Thu May 01, 2014 6:33 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

Sage Olive often comes swishing in her cape! I think I'm doing a-ok!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Thu May 01, 2014 6:40 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

I think I am doing okay! Been reading Noelle's too though :d
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Thu May 01, 2014 7:42 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

I think I've been doing well:) Reviewing pretty timely on someone else's work, too:)
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Thu May 01, 2014 11:49 pm
PiesAreSquared says...

I think I've been mostly reviewing within the week the work comes out. :D
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri May 02, 2014 12:29 am
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

I'm so sorry. I actually had forgotten for a couple weeks, and then this week I remembered and have been insanely busy and haven't had a chance to write a review. (yeah, I know it should only take 15-20 minutes, but I find it ridiculously hard to review a chapter in less then 40 minutes)

Would it be possible for me to get a co-sage? Like, we take turns reviewing? One of us does every even number chapter, and the other does every odd number chapter. We'd both be required to read all chapters (so that we know what's going on with the story), but we'd only have to review every other one. Would that be possible?
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

560 Reviews

Fri May 02, 2014 12:03 pm
Tenyo says...

Oh! I know someone who can do that! I'll PM them and see if they want to take it up.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri May 02, 2014 12:14 pm
Laure says...

@Tenyo, I know you'd got a person in mind. But I'd really like to become a sage too. :D

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe