z

Young Writers Society

The anti-boredom challenge.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:36 am
View Likes
Love says...

Okay guys, I have an idea. It seems to me that boredom is rather rife through this community, with many people having absolutely little to do and not exactly enjoying the lack of excitement. I thus propose a pledge - you must accept to do one of the things in the list I will publish after a number of people subscribe. However, once you sign up, you _must_ do the activity you choose. If you decide that you don't like it at all after having tried it, you are of course free to quit :3 The aim of this is to make people happy. Not to force you into more boring stuff! XD But you are not allowed to quit due to lack of dedication, a "can't do it" attitude or just general lazyness. If you do so, you will... LOSE. Yes, it's somewhat of a game :) If you quit like that, you lose. If you just end up not liking it at all, you neither win nor lose. But if you continue with it to the end and do one of the things on the list... You WIN and are awesome!!! XD

How it works:
1. You agree to do one of the things on a list that you don't have access to. Basically you "sign up" to the game :3
2. I PM each of you the list. You are not allowed to give it to anyone, for that would be a breach of secrecy!
3. You choose at least _one_ task from the list. It could be something like "Learn about flying to the moon" or something like that. (I'm not revealing anything _actually_ on the list! :P I will try to add variety as to accomodate everyone. If you don't find anything at all you like, PM me with your interests and I will try to fix that :) )
4. You are supposed to perform that task :3 in this fictional case, you're supposed to learn about flying to the moon! ^_^ (don't worry, the actual list will be more fun XD). It will be a considerably long term goal - that is, you can't do it overnight.
5. Once you perform it, you win the game, and hopefully would have diminished your boredom considerably over that time, and into the future ^_^
If you quit suddenly, you just lose.
If you quit because you hate the task, you are free to leave and are encouraged to participate in any possible future rounds :3

So yes... Please tell me if you're interested! XD
I was Amareth :)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:02 am
crossroads says...

I'm not bored, but this sounds pretty cool and might end up giving me ideas for stuff xD
Sign me up :3
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:20 am
Laure says...

Boredom coupled with random tasks? SIGN ME UP! :D

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:22 am
Apricity says...

Queen of Boredom officially accepts!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:26 am
wordsandwishes says...

Sounds interesting, I'm in. :)

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:41 pm
SoundsOfLife says...

This could be very interesting, Im in too. =D
"The beauty of a piece of music is not in its technique but in the Soul of its creator; nor is it in the
sound vibrations of the piece but in the silence of the Light from which the sound springs." DR. Walter Russell

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:47 pm
Gardevite says...

I'm up for this!
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:04 pm
lostthought says...

I'll join!
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:25 pm
OliveDreams says...

Most definitely in!!!!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

Reviews: 4
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:02 pm
thelostone says...

Count me in!
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:18 pm
Love says...

Oh my... There are more people interested than expected :) I'll wait for a liiil more, and let the round begin! XD *is currently composing the List*
I was Amareth :)

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:23 pm
Rook says...

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:35 pm
Holysocks says...

I'm in!!!!
100% autistic

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:35 pm
Niebla says...

Hmm...sign me up also, please :3 *is interested*

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:47 am
turtlethatroars says...

*is going to attempt* Alright, I'm in.
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn