z

Young Writers Society

Steve Irwin dead at age 44.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:03 am
Doctor Kitty says...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

This is too bad. I thought he was a nice guy, though a little cheesy at times...

I feel bad for him and his family. Supposedly his wife doesn't know yet. :(
Last edited by Doctor Kitty on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:24 am
Sam says...

WHAT?

Steve Irwin can't be dead!

...I'll feel bad doing impressions of him now. And I was just getting good at them. :(
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:52 am
Crysi says...

...Omg.

I seriously googled it to make sure it wasn't a horrible joke.

I can't believe this. I used to watch him all the time. I LOVED him. And now he's dead...

:(
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:30 am
Elelel says...

Hey ... in Homeclass someone said a prayer for him saying he was only injured.

That's horrible! Someone that creates as much entertainment as that can't just ... die!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:01 am
sabradan says...

Lets all raise our glasses to this great man. Hopefully, somewhere, hes doing the same for us.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:09 am
Alteran says...

This is impossible! A sting ray! No freakin way! if anything was going to get him it was gonna be a crocidile not a bloody sting ray.

I smell something foul. I greatly doubt it was a sting ray barb. something very fishy i do smell. something is not right. absolutly not right.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:27 am
Sohini says...

i'm viewing this horryfing news in Yahoo.

it's too sad a loss.

i still can't believe this.o, this is really , really terrible.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:43 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

I found out at lunchtime today at school. Needless to say I ran around frantic spreading the word. We got the flag raised at half mast and laid a wreath of random things underneath the pole.

He's gone to the big wildlife sanctuary in the sky now. :cry:
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:19 pm
Fishr says...

"As a TV presenter he was extraordinary. I have never known anyone who can talk for 4½ minutes on ant mounds and make it interesting."

That's the entertainer I know and will remember.

While I'm involved in the herp (reptile and amphibian) community for over a decade and a half, I had my indifferences with Irwin's programming I even detested it on some days because he was delivering false messages across the globe but Irwin was truly passionate about his hobby or actually his 'life.' Not many people may realize, but that type of passion is a rare quality. Sure, any person can own a snake, but to treat that animal as another person is unique and not many 'herpers' show that type of dedication or that much love for the animal. Trust me, I've been in this hobby for a long time, and I've only seen a handful in my town that match up to the term, 'dedication.'

Irwin showed young viewers that's is absolutly imparative the nation join together and save what's left of our wildlife before they even reach the point of being protected. He was an amazing book of knowledge, and it's a real shame the world lost one of the greatest zoologists of our time.

He will sorely be miss World Wide for a long, long time. May he rest in peace, and his family find peace also.

fishr
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:18 pm
LamaLama says...

Today- aligator hunters everywhere will cry while the aligators celebrate.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:24 pm
deleted6 says...

I had heard of him and find it crazy a stingray killed him. You would have seriously expected a alligator.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:44 pm
Cassandra says...

And of course it's very rare and everything for a stingray's sting to be fatal...some luck. And doesn't he have kids? This makes me sad...
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Random avatar

Reviews: 103
Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:44 pm
Cameron says...

My dad was talking with a man from Australia while we were camping, and when he (my dad) told him that Steve Irwin was dead the man seemed almost pleased, saying that everyone in Australia hated him anyways lol. Just thought that was funny.
The individual leads in actual fact a double life, one in which he is an end to himself and another in which he is a link in a chain which he serves against his will or at least independently of his will.
--SIGMUND FREUD

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:49 pm
Fishr says...

I actually heard that Irwin had a few bad acquaintances in Australia.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:06 am
Crayon says...

I didnt think anybody other than australians and New Zealanders even knew who Steve was! WOW, it's so sad. I almost had a cry, everywhere you go around here you see his face. Very say, and what i find even sader is his was the third stingray death in Ozzie, It seems, almost a little pathetic when he was the Croc hunter :(
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi