z

Young Writers Society

Steve Irwin dead at age 44.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:15 am
View Likes
Jiggity says...

Hmm, indeed it was shocking. Australinas dont hate him, he could be irritating at times is all, I tell you, it was a massive shock to us here in Oz. There has been an outporing and now I feel bad fro all those times I hoped the crocodile would catch ad eviscerate him on national television.

I feel sorry for his kids though, poor things.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:15 am
View Likes
Crayon says...

Yeah, poor kids. Especially Bindi, The poor thing, Eight years old and her father dies filming for HER new tv series and her mum isnt around when it happens.
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:40 am
Elelel says...

Well ... the opinion in Australia isn't all hate or all love, anyway. There were quite a few Steve Irwin-death jokes going around in Physics, although most people think it's sad.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:04 am
View Likes
Galatea says...

Steve Irwin Tribute

I seriously got tears in my eyes...
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:40 am
View Likes
Doctor Kitty says...

It's peculiar. Never have I experienced a death in my immediate family. It just hasn't happened. I mean, it will eventually, but hopefully not too soon.

I never knew Steve Irwin. I've forgotten about his existence since I was 10, and yet the news of his death brings me a bizarre sorrow. Why would I feel such a way about a person I did not know?

Was it because of the years I spent watching Animal Planet? The years of wanting to be a herpetologist or a marine biologist?

It's very bizarre. I gave up those dreams a long time ago. So what is it that makes me sad about this?

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:12 am
View Likes
Galatea says...

Death is inherantly sad. Plus, he had a wife and two small children, which is also sad. It's hard to explain, but we are creatures of empathy, after all. We feel each other's sorrows.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:21 am
Myth says...

My sister and I really liked watching his shows. He was a little crazy but he had passion for animals. I was really shocked when I was told he had died. Its really sad though.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:03 pm
View Likes
angeleyes says...

I can't believe it! I mean come on! a sting ray... it could at least have been a croc or something!

A toast to the man, he will be missed! :(
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that 's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes.

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality