6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:41 am
View Likes
Dreamery says...

The YWS-tionary:

Credit to:
@ZLYF, @Tenyo (Co-founders)
And everyone else who's submitted a word or multiple! (Not co-founders)

A.

-agdhsjajahk(and it's derivatives): (interj.) an expression of annoyance, confusion and 'what-did-I-just-do'-idness. (Though varies depending on the user)

B.

-Babble- A zolen brand term, where you put descriptions where they are not needed or say something that sort of just appears and then is forgotten, like a left over phrase meant to imply something, but does not really fit. Also can mean going on and on, and on for no apparent reason, locked in details that add nothing to the story.
-Bob- The most generic name to have even been thought up.
-Borg- (n.) A collective alien race that appears as recurring antagonists in various incarnations of Iceland.
-Boxen-(n.)the pluralization of box.
-Boy: (n.) one's love interest, crush or boyfriend!
-BoyCrush: (n.) for those who like to keep the limits to 'Crush, maybe possible crush'.

C.

-Chichinamba- (v.) the act of talking incessantly.

D.

-De-Still- A zolen brand term, rather then pushing a mood, you add an extra word or a whole sentence, dulling the feeling. The sentence or phrase ruined or weakened loosing what ever feeling the words would have impressed. It's actually important that reviewers mention this because the mood you put into a story can make or break even the best writing, this is more important then grammar, as what might fail grammatically could still be perfect in the right context.

-Door-(n.)the pluralization of deer.

E.

-Eichonodointaran - (adj.) Fancy-shmancy blabber-twit.

F.

-Fahrvergnugen - An expression of German-love. Like gesundheit. And you're never quite sure how either are spelled so you just keep it sorta in a notepad that you can copy and paste later. Specifically reserved to be used only during review days.
-Fatuffy- a adjective! Commonly seen in grumpy, cats
-Feetmen-(n.)the pluralization of footman.
-Frankenstein- (v.) A zolen brand term, the act of forcing together broken ideas/parts to make a working concept/machine. As inspired by Dr.Frankenstein who used many parts in order to create his monster.
-Fudgecake- (interj.) A cover up. Derivatives include Fiddlesticks, Fie and Ffffffffffffff...

G.

-Glomptackle-(interj.) Proclamation of love
-Go-go juice- a mixture of drugs, soda, and five pounds of sugar.

H.

-Hobbitses-(n.)the Gollumization of hobbit.
-Hool-(n.)the pluralization of heel.
-How is babby formed?-(Pending) The eternal question.
-Humen-(n.)the pluralization of human.

I.

-Icecream- (n.) The answer to life, the universe, and everything in it
-Ich - (n) A sock-drawer in one's brain.
-Intentlanary- (n.) A building or structure that is small outside but massive inside.

J.

-Johnson- That guy from accounting.
-Justire -(n) What society accepts as a fair form of satire.

K.

-kitty- (n.) A addictive Youtube drug, side effects include stupidity, and mouths resembling a 3.

L.

-LOL- Text talk for laugh out loud, often used by people who are not laughing out loud.

M.

-Mahogany- From far away on the planet of Malchior 7, where the trees are three hundred feet tall and breath fire, and play blackjack, and summon old women to tell people to get off their lawn, they are the great and powerful mahogany trees. While powerful, if you can get one of these trees, and if a desk is forged, using ANCIENT BLOOD RITUALS OF AWESOME it will become a not only amazing desk it shall become..... NIGH INDESTRUCTIBLE, bending the fabric of the universe itself at your command! Also, it's a very fine material. Very expensive. (YWS Resource Requisition Team dispatched.)
-Mayheloncholy- (n.) The most terrible form of melancholy. Also refers to the insanity that overwhelms a person after ten hours of internet-deprivation.
-Meese-(n.)the pluralization of moose.
-Member - (v) To think of something for the first time.

N.

-NOOOOOOOOOOO- (n.) A onomatopoeia for failure.

O.
-Obambulate- (v.) To walk.
-Octagon- (v.) The question to life, the universe, and everything in it
-Of-course!- (interj.) The correct answer to all plans for world domination.
-Orange- (n.) A standard greeting.
-Over Dose- A zolen brand term, there are phrases, words, choices that just don't fit, you see most people who are not big on writing have a rather limited vocabulary, and the point of a book is to immerse our audience, make them feel wanted and, for lack of a better word, worshiped. Everything needs to be within their understanding, nothing can be beyond or push a bit to hard on their vocabulary, so its wise to look for alternatives when you would rather put in a big word, as painful as that can be. The best way to think about it is, "would a middle school kid know this word?"

P.

-Parloomba- (n.) a kind of dance that involves banging your head on the walls and then jumping off a cliff.
-Peel- the pluralization of pool.
-Peng - Onomatopoeia like BANG, like @PenguinAttack!
-Pink - (n.) an extremely funny and humorous color that brings back old memories.
-Poet- (v.) to love something intensely

Q.

-Qeip- An imaginary bird that enjoys eating small cows.

R.

-Rawr-(interj.)1.Dinosaur for "I love you"; 2. Tennish for "I'M HERE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!"
-Review day- (n.) The YWS equivalent of paying your bills. That day when you *KNOW* your bill needs to be paid and you're like, heh, I'm gonna just slip that under the table, no body needs to know! And then you realize next month there's a much bigger debt to be paid. I mean. Party-time, yay!
-Roobelshlinkle- (v.) to ingest something unreal
-Roostah - (n) The unexplainable unexplainability behind why unexplainability is not a real word.

S.

-SPEW - some age old conspiracy that may or may not involve @Snoink (Definition in violation of SPEW Ordinance 623-A)
-Short - @Meshugenah
-smake- the act of slapping quicky and harshly, usually accompanied by a loud sound that occurs two seconds after the smake. (example: "Did you just say that I was fat?"/"Yeah, and your sister is prettier than you."/"I'm gonna smake you so hard your mom feels it!"/*then she smakes him so hard his mom really does feel it.)
-Spoonersim- an activity in which one switches the vowels or consonants of a word or of words, heavily prevalent in chat mostly because of the influence of @carbonCore and @TommySneak, otherwise known as Cobrancroe and SonnyTeak
examples include: sustard mamples- mustard samples; Wackblood- Blackwood; mappy heel- happy meal
-Straight circle-(n.) geometric shape only present in the realm of the drunk and dizzy.
-Surprised-Sheep- (error unknown) A good sheep, the best sheep.

T.

-Tenyo-(n.) awesomeness in human form. (Definition under revision)

U.

-Underdog- A canine super hero
-Under Dose- A zolen brand term, sometimes it's better to throw in a big word, in cases where otherwise you change the mood in the wrong direction, or it's getting close to a baby word. You don't want to make your readers pick up a dictionary, but you don't want them to feel like their reading a baby book either. This is not always obvious however, sometimes a word that works somewhere else in the paragraph would be an under dose because of placement or context.

V.

-Vasticity-(n.) a short YWS answer when the speaker is not wanting to reveal their location. It comes from a corruption of "just a city."

W.

-Winning- When you stop losing
-Wombrigation- The perfect sound: the sound laminated paper makes when you shake it.

X.

-XD- (interj.) to mean; that's awesome/hilarious! or; I've run out of things to say. exp. "I just ate my foot! XD" or "XD maybe next week..." also; xD, a weirder version, see 'creepy'.
-Xtreme- extreme, as written by Bob Marley, and Jacky Chan

Y.

-Yesses-(n.)the Gollumization of yes.
-Your Mom- Also known as your mom
-yo-yo- (n.) New age slang for "hello"
-yupple: (v.) 1. to laugh hysterically 2. to laugh and sound like a deranged donkey

Z.

-Zolen- (n.) Insanity given human form. (v.) The Insane Lord.
Last edited by Dreamery on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:37 am, edited 13 times in total.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:54 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

O.O *wonders*
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

6 Reviews

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:59 am
View Likes
Dreamery says...

Dreamy wrote:O.O *wonders*

Isn't it amazing?

6 Reviews

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:56 pm
View Likes
Dreamery says...

This dictionary is open to all YWSers to suggest and contribute!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:24 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

-Zolen- (n.) Insanity given human form. (v.) The Insane Lord.
-Orange- (n.) A standard greeting.
-yo-yo- (n.) New age slang for "hello"
-Surprised-Sheep- (error unknown) A good sheep, the best sheep.
-Of-course!- (error unknown) The correct answer to all plans for world domination.
-NOOOOOOOOOOO- (n.) A onomatopoeia for failure.
-kitty- (v.) A addictive Youtube drug, side effects include stupidity, and mouths resembling a 3.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

6 Reviews

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:32 pm
View Likes
Dreamery says...

Orange, @Zolen! Your words have been added! By the way, do you have Surprised-Sheep?

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:14 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

-Obambulation- (v.) To walk.
-Fudgecake- (interj.) A cover up. Derivatives include Fiddlesticks, Fie and Ffffffffffffff...
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:56 pm
View Likes
PiesAreSquared says...

Straight circle-(n.) geometric shape only present in the realm of the drunk and dizzy.
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:47 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

We need:
*glomptackle* - Proclamation of love
"How is babby formed?" - The eternal question
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:19 pm
View Likes
ongoeslife says...

Would the singular form of 'pool' be 'peel', then?

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:41 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

Roobelshlinkle- (v.) to ingest something unreal.

Mayheloncholy- (adj.) The most terrible form of melancholy. Also refers to the insanity that overwhelms a person after ten hours of internet-deprivation.

Parloomba- (n.) a kind of dance that involves banging your head on the walls and then jumping off a cliff.

Chichinamba- (v.) the act of talking incessantly.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:02 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

Fatuffy- a adjective! Commonly seen in grumpy, cats

Example: Garfield
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

6 Reviews

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:13 pm
View Likes
Dreamery says...

Amendments will be made!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:38 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

-agdhsjajahk (and it's derivatives) : an expression of annoyance, confusion and 'what-did-I-just-do'-idness. (Though varies depending on the user)
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:07 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

Review days - The YWS equivalent of paying your bills. That day when you *KNOW* your bill needs to be paid and you're like, heh, I'm gonna just slip that under the table, no body needs to know! And then you realize next month there's a much bigger debt to be paid. I mean. Party-time, yay!

Fahrvergnugen - An expression of German-love. Like gesundheit. And you're never quite sure how either are spelled so you just keep it sorta in a notepad that you can copy and paste later. Specifically reserved to be used only during review days.

SPEW - some age old conspiracy that may or may not involve @Snoink

Poeting verb - to love something intensely

Peng - Onomatopoeia like BANG, like @PenguinAttack!

Pink - an extremely funny and humorous color that brings back old memories.

Short - @Meshugenah

“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind