z

Young Writers Society

13-25

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:10 am
pony123 says...

Did anyone notice the age on the google search page was changed from 13 plus to 13-25? :?: I'm just askin'
My name is Katherine Storm!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:22 am
niteowl says...

Hm...I assume you're talking about YWS? I haven't Googled it in ages so I had to check. It says 13+ to me.

I know at one point the site was marketed to ages 13-25, but that was dropped long ago. We definitely have a wider range of ages on here now! :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:23 am
GreenTulip says...

The Young Writers Society is an online social network for young people ages 13+ to share their creative works.

I see that when I google YWS.
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:25 am
View Likes
pony123 says...

hmmm... I wonder if my google is outdated
My name is Katherine Storm!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:09 am
niteowl says...

Hm...weirdly enough, when I Googled "The Young Writers Society", I got this:

"Provides forums, newsletter, ezine, contests, blogs, a chat, and online resources for people aged from 13 to 25."
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:55 am
Nate says...

Google uses a variety of resources to generate site descriptions. In this case, it's using an outdated description -- I've tried changing it in the past, but there's no way for a webmaster to force Google to use a specific site description.

The site description for YWS as provided in the meta tags is:
The Young Writers Society is an online social network for young people ages 13+ to share their creative works.

So, don't worry about what Google says! It's old.

Change isn't inherently good, but you can't stop it, so let's just enjoy the ride. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— TheSilverFox