z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:37 am
al090187 says...

I think I remember reading, or hearing a report somewhere from JK Rowling, where she said that she was going to finish it, so that there was no opportunity for any further books, after the 7. Dont quote me on that, it was a while ago, may of been in a dream or something, but i do remember it, and it seems like once shes finished writing book 7, she wants to sit back, and spend the millions, instead of writing "What happened next!!!!" for the rest of her life. Harry will die.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:13 am
Happy Lizard says...

Hmmm, well, I agree and will say Firanze is a good guess, but I'm still not sure about Neville ...
I don't reckon Serios should of died, I liked him. :cry:
The next character that dies, well, she won't kill Hagrid, people like him to much. She can't kill Snape. Everyone likes him!
Harry shoudn't die in the last book. Cos, I mean, she wants people to read it right? Yeah, well, who will read a 7 part seires to find that harry dies? shes not dumb. Thats what I think anyway.
But he still will probably die, though I'm not sure.
~~Honary 11-year old~~

Would you like some bread with your pepper?

See that freak with blood shot eyes and a mole on his eyelid over there?
He is so hot.

I hate peas.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:58 am
Nic Cobb says...

Firenze is technically a half-breed not a half-blood. I just though that I'd point that out.
The Half-Blood Prince would have to fit into the plot of Chamber of Secrets because Half-Blood Prince was Chamber's title during an early draft. That doesn't mean that the HBP has to be in Chamber, but they have to fit into the plot. Tonks doesn't really fit in there. She would be too old to have went to Hogwarts in Harry's second year and would be in her Auror training so I don't see were they would meet at.

It is probably an entirely new character, the child of Godric Gryffindor or Salazar Slytherin, or Slytherin himself. Gryffindor is too obvious since the exerpt came out from behind the door. I mean think about it, would she give us the description of a title character that connects so clearly to a pre-mentioned person if they were in fact that person? No, she probably would not.

As for Harry dying, it is probable, but I still have my doubts about the likelihood. Happily ever after endings make me queazy. I agree with Mesh. What is the big problem if Harry dies if the story is still well-written and everything that you were hoping for? Everyone has to die sometime, even Lord Voldemort. It is the circle of life. It's going to happen to us all someday. Just hope that Harry is happy when he dies and not all pissed off about something. Hope that he is giving his life for the ones he loves and that his sacrifice is appreciated and not done in vain. That is all of my life advice for today. :roll:
Behold, I am the mistress of the great Thomas Marvolo Riddle.

My alter ego is Tom's daughter. What?! Is it so weird to be in love with your alter ego's father? I don't think so!!!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:40 am
Ravenna says...

I think its the son of Lord Voldemort, and Bellatrix Lestrange. It's only a hunch...more of a psychic hunch. I don't know why, that's just what comes to mind. As for what I don't have theories about yet, I hope Rowling brings Sirius back in the next book. He always was and forever will be mi favorito. Sorry. My Spanish seeps into everything. LOL.

Note to self: Half-blood prince is Voldemort's and Bellatrix's son!
From falcon's wings thou cometh forth; to streams of fire, bringeth thee.
~Tul rhofal amruun;sarin naur siiir, tegi lyaa.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:15 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

It's not Nevile, both his parents are wizards.

As for it being Voldemort and Bellatrix's son ... the son wouldn't be halfblood would he?

Wait, ditch that. Voldemort isn't a pureblood, right? So,that would work...

Hmmm, good idea there, Ravena.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:31 pm
Sureal says...

Me thinks it'll be Dumbledore (for reasons I can't be bothered to go in on).

Now - who di you think is going to die? I doubt it would be Hermione or Ron (though that'd be who I'd kill if I were Rowling), it definatly won't be Harry (she's comfirmed that). It may be Dumbledore, Voldemort, Hagrid or perhaps even one of the Weasly's (Mr Weasly most likely if it were one of them).

Anyways, I hope this is better than the last HP book (which, IMO, was the worst and actually kindda sucked). But looking at the evidence, I think it will be :).
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:11 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

Hey! I liked that last HP book...

Sure, Harry was really stupid, but whatever. We're all stupid sometimes. And the book kept me interested and I wanted to know what happened. So, I thought it [the book] was good.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:21 am
little x soldier says...

What if 'Half blood prince' is an order or group of...(donno) Or just a title of something else than the 6th Harry Potter book.
JKRowling said she would add a new character too, so maybe that person is the half blood prince. But it doesn't have to be pure-blood and muggle that means half blood. I can mean blood of something else. And it's a prince. If your mixed, your a half-blood but does that mean that your a prince of all half-bloods, is it?
I thought it could maybe be R. Lupin. (hope I'm not repeating what some already mention it. Did read some post but couldn't all) The books didn't tell much about him yet and he's a ware wolf so..
And I agree that in 7th HP book Dumbledore will disappear. and Snape would be more understandable.
I thought Nivillecould be because of Harry being put in/on? the prophet. and what is Neville then.. There's something else about Nivelle.
sending confused, wondering & guessing Harry's future.. hugs xxx little x soldier xxx~
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:53 am
Areida says...

Well we can only speculate as to who the HBP will be....although this may be odd, I'm not really worried about it, lol. I'm more concerned about who's going to die. I sincerely doubt that we'll make it through the series with all the Weasleys. As much as I hope we will, I just don't see it happening. Also, I suspect Dumbledore is going to die in either this book or the next so Harry can face Voldemort on his own..you know what I'm saying? Sort of an "Obi Wan has to die so Luke can face Darth Vader" kind of a premise. But then, you never know...JKR is constantly surprising us.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:47 am
smilyfacebkwrm says...

Oh, speaking of the Weasleys what do you think is going to happen with Percy? I mean, is he going to return to his family or stay with the Ministry, etc.

Personally, I think that he's out of that family for awhile.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:03 am
Areida says...

I agree smileyface...but I hope it won't take a death to get him to see right. Though that seems quite likely at the moment.......
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:03 am
Meshugenah says...

One thing, Ravenna. Didn't Dumbledore say Voldy was the last remaining realtive of Slytherin? I could have sworn that was said somewhere. If that's so, then he couldnt have a kid, he wouldn't be the last remaining descendent (unless there's some weird clause in there about how his son didn't embrace the dark side).
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:55 am
Happy Lizard says...

Well, if ya ask me, I reckon Percy's dead. I mean, gonna die.
And, well as for the 'Luke Skywalker thing' Dumbly might die, but he might not, so far J.K has been pretty origenal, and that might be considered not origenal. I also reckon that as for Serios, well, I reckon she'll put him in it again. Though she might not bring him back to life or anything, just mention him.
As for the HBP well I'm still not sure about Neville, but it might not be him. (Hope it is!) But I spose hes not half blood, is he? Though it might mean something else by 'half blood' :?

~Hapee
~~Honary 11-year old~~

Would you like some bread with your pepper?

See that freak with blood shot eyes and a mole on his eyelid over there?
He is so hot.

I hate peas.

Random avatar

Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:36 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

Yeah, I remember it saying somewhere that Voldemort was the last remaining relative of Slytherin, as well. So, that means he can't have a son. Unless it's like a stepson or something?? But, that would be WAY too confusing for these books and totally random too. Just don't see someone having a stepson in the HP books ...

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:13 pm
Sureal says...

Possible Spoiler Warning?

Hm, there's currently a theory running around that Dumbledore = Ron (trapped back in the past at some point). Looking through, there's loads of evvidence to support it:

Looky this: http://www.knight2king.net/Knight2King/ ... rking.html

Some of the evidence is realy good. Some is rubbish. Others could be put down to Dumbledore just being wise (and eccentric). And it could also be put down to the occasional slip up by Rowling as a writer.
I wrote the above just for you.

"And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
— Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland