z

Young Writers Society

DREAMS!

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:45 pm
Sureal says...

*thinks*

Can't think of any, so I guess the answer to that is 'no' ;).
I wrote the above just for you.

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:50 pm
Sureal says...

Your second post: There are other ways to induce an OBE (Out of Body Experince), but yeah - if you want, you could just fly straight up, telling yourself that you'll fly out of your body (and you have to believe it - dreams are based all around expectations).

If you wanted to, you could carry on flying for as long as you wanted without leaving your body (just don't expect to leave yer body).

At anyrate, there's a lot of talk about OBE's. Some believe that you really do leave your body, whilst others believe thwy're just a type of LD (they are very simmiliar to LD's after all).

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:54 pm
niteowl says...

Wow Arvy you're so lucky. I've never really had a lucid dream, but at times I've gotten really close. Like one time, my ex-best friend was chasing me around the house, and I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming, and it didn't hurt! I didn't even think about controlling the dream though.

And just last week, I dreamed I was somewhere with my crush, and I woke up, looked at the clock, realized I'd been dreaming, and said, ok, I'm dreaming, I'm gonna turn this around so my crush might actually start to like me. Of course, I get back in the dream and flop it all up.

*sigh* I guess we weren't meant to be, even in my dreams.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:58 pm
Zion says...

:lol: I guess im quite advanced in these stuff :P More than i knew. 10 min ago i thought I this was VERY normal.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:04 pm
Sureal says...

You didn't feel the pinch? Hey, that's actually quite weird ;). Whenever I've (and most people) have tried it, it hurt.

Here's some more reliable reality checks (to know if you're dreaming):

- Count your fingers. If you have the wrong number, you're dreaming
- Pinch your nose shut (or plug it up) with your fingers. If you can still breathe though your nose (which feels really weird), you're dreaming.
- Try and put your hand thruogh a wall
- Try and put a finger through the other hand
- Look at a clock, away and back again. If the time has radically changed, you're dreaming
- Look at writing, away and back again. If it has radically changed, you're dreaming.

(Note: you have to honeslty expect them to to tell you you're dreaming, or they may not work)

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:09 pm
niteowl says...

I know, but I don't ever stop to think "Ok now, am I dreaming?" I really need to work on it. Actually one time I did, but I didn't even think to do any of those reality checks because it seemed so realistic. I was really late to swim practice, and I told myself, I'm not dreaming, I'm not dreaming...and I WAS dreaming.

That's the only time I've ever tried the pinch trick. But that whole dream was way unrealistic, even though my surrounding were pretty realistic looking. It's kinda hard to explain...
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:12 pm
Sureal says...

I've got into the habbit of taking reality checks throughout the day :).

I've found that a good time to take them is everytime you wake up. This will catch any false awakenings (when you dream of waking up) you have and you'll become lucid :).

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:12 pm
Zion says...

Have you ever created a world? Ive tryed it. I was taking a nap then. (even its for an hour i still sleep) It was soo cool. But alas, as cool as it sounds I had many chaotic dreames as well, that went out of control. I just know that someone/or something is tronge than me. Once ive dreamed i went to hell to rescue Jesus. :lol: When I did, I turend around to see his face. There was a blurry image, blankness a source of light. I trye dharder and I was amazed. thousands of faces statred to appear on his head. Than I realized in a way that God is in us and all around us. One of the most beautiful moments I had in my life.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:15 pm
Zion says...

I just know when im dreaming. But it challenges me, it makes things realistic as possible. Its like, it has its own will sometimes. Ok, im offically a lunitic and I have to go to a mental insitute.

Immanuel Kant

506 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:20 pm
Sureal says...

8)

Did you know that some people create a world (or just a building) in their LD's, and then go back to in future dreams. A permanent dreamscape. I believe making a castle is quite a popular one.

Also, have you ever heard of 'shared dreaming'? That is when two (or more) people go into the same dream. There's plenty of controversity behind this. Some people flat out claim it's not possible, whilst over claim to have done it (some numerous time).

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:23 pm
Zion says...

Nope but I had zounds of "deja vu's" Worth trying though.

Immanuel Kant

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:26 pm
Zion says...

ABout the permanent landscape, yeah I think so. Sadly it has been attacked quite many times, so I have to repair it most of the times. A small city on a hill, strangely enough there arent many people around.

Immanuel Kant

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:27 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Sureal wrote:8)

Did you know that some people create a world (or just a building) in their LD's, and then go back to in future dreams. A permanent dreamscape. I believe making a castle is quite a popular one.

Also, have you ever heard of 'shared dreaming'? That is when two (or more) people go into the same dream. There's plenty of controversity behind this. Some people flat out claim it's not possible, whilst over claim to have done it (some numerous time).

*Nods* I know a guy that has built a mansion on his dreamscape... and I've been there and talked to him and it's like we were just talking in real life...we both remembered the whole thing when we woke up... It sort of freaked me out at first... but it seems sort of normal now...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

94 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:34 pm
Zion says...

Wow I thought I was weird :lol:

Immanuel Kant

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:46 pm
Duskglimmer says...

*laughs* erm thanks....

It only got really weird when I erm... "met" myself in his mansion...

He apparently built this mansion and put a dream version of all his friends in it... so I met myself... I look really different through his eyes...
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

I could literally be Obama and you guys would never know.
— AilahEvelynMae