z

Young Writers Society

I want a big Ol' pile of tips!

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:56 pm
deleted5 says...

Hai! I'm the AlexSushiDog! :smt003
I am currently writing a Teen fiction action/adventure novel based on hunger games/ Gone/ Lord of flies all in one! With a lot of my own twists!
I want it to be very tense, action-packed and a great read.
So any tips? Hand them over! :pirate3:
If you want, you can read the prologue in the green room.
(Also ideas for a names would be much appreciated)
Thanks!
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:37 pm
View Likes
Cheetah says...

Action is the best! This is just a little tip, but for me it helps to act out the fighting scenes. For a sword I use a stick, for a gun, a spoon. It really helps me capture the moments as they happen. Good luck with your novel! :D
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:57 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

1- Write it and let surprises come to you as they appear naturally. Planning twists too much results in those twists being obvious.

2- Don't worry about making a coherent first draft. The first draft's only goal is to exist so you can edit it. And you will need to edit it.

3- Edit. Never give up on improving. Ever. No work is ever perfect, and we all start somewhere (with writing that is near incomprehensible because of how bad it is)

If you want some more tips, check out these two threads.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers