z

Young Writers Society

Fluent In Spanish? I Need Help To Produce YWS Spanish

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:00 pm
Skye says...

Yeah, wouldn't most of the differences between Spain- and Latin American-Spanish be spoken? Anyways, I'm familiar with a little bit of Spain-Spanish and a bit more with Latin/South-American Spanish, if that helps at all.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:02 pm
Poor Imp says...

Skye wrote:Yeah, wouldn't most of the differences between Spain- and Latin American-Spanish be spoken? Anyways, I'm familiar with a little bit of Spain-Spanish and a bit more with Latin/South-American Spanish, if that helps at all.

Well no... not all spoken. As an example, in American 'you' (plural) is ustedes but in Castilian it's vosotros and that's an entire new conjugations of verbs for that. !_!
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:17 pm
Skye says...

Poor Imp wrote:Well no... not all spoken. As an example, in American 'you' (plural) is ustedes but in Castilian it's vosotros and that's an entire new conjugations of verbs for that. !_!

That's true, I didn't think of that. My teacher studied in Barcelona (and she has the Castilian "th" accent!), so I learned vosotros right at the beginning.

I can't wait until we can start on this project, it seems really fun! :D
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:17 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

I'm fluent in spanish. I see that a lot of people have already volunteered, but if you need someone else, I'll be glad to help.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:07 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

When and where do we get started?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor