Young Writers Society

Writely

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:34 pm
Nate says...

Check it out:

http://www.writely.com

It's the new online word processor out by google, and it's really cool. Actually, it's really the same thing as Blogger, but as it's specifically for word processing, you don't have to jump through as many hoops.

I've been fooling around with it, and in some ways, I like it better than Word. For one, it's simple. I never use 90% of the tools Word offers, and Writely still has all of the tools that I do use. Plus, it's easier to pull up and organize documents on Writely. It does lack a thesaurus, but that's really no biggie.

I won't be dumping Word anytime soon, but I think Writely would make it a lot easier for me to write my book. I'm not always at my laptop, and there's a lot of times when I'm at work with nothing to do. If I had my book on Writely, I could open it anytime from anywhere, and that's cool. Plus, it automatically saves your documents so power outages and other random occurences wouldn't be an issue anymore. Of course, such random happenings have happened to me only thrice before, but when they do happen, it sucks a lot.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:37 pm
smaur says...

Oooh. It's very pretty. I'm kind of tempted to use it, but Wordpad's been good to me so far...
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:51 pm
Meshugenah says...

I.. I'm so using this for school! I can write up essays at school, and not worry about getting to email to get them home; and no re-formatting from mac to PC (school computers are weird like that, half the time it'll work without that, half the time it won't).

Anyhoo! This is really neat.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:46 pm
Snoink says...

Hahah... this would make critiquing stories SO much easier, since you can get someone to edit the simple things...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:02 am
Skye says...

This is perfect for this year's NaNo -- and just in time! Thanks Nate! :)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:48 am
-KayJuran- says...

Hehe, I like how you can have different people accessing the same piece. Being able to access it anywhere is pretty great too!
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

688 Reviews

Reviews: 688
Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:42 am
xanthan gum says...

*joins writely*
Carpe Diem.

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green