z

Young Writers Society

Creature creation! I can help! :D

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:29 pm
queenofscience says...

Hi, It's queenofscience.

I was wondering if anyone needs help with creature creation. Yes, it can be difficult to make up creatures that are realistic or in general. My advice would be to...

Think of the setting/environment/planet that your creatures are on.

Think about adaptations and do some research on the biomes. Think about the plant life, too. If the animal is mutated, than think about the kind of mutation. Is it a mutation that would cause different colored fur,eyes, skin. An extra limb or darker or lighter color, or stunted growth etc. Or is it a mutation that is an adaptation. It's VERY helpful to know adaptations and the environment, however, with this you can also be creative with this.

Creature creation chart ( fill free to use, I'm surprised that the internet does not have one.)

Is this a: mammal, insect, fish, etc

If so, What classifycation does it belong to?

If this is a made up species or not found on Earth, than omit this.

Common name: ( I would prefer a name that has to do with something special or unique about the animal, different. Or what the plant resembles.)

Scientific name: ( when doing scientific name, the first name is capitalized the second is not. In latin, words sound how you would speak, as in if you were to translate the name to English, it would read like how you would speak)

Physical discription: ( don't be afraid to very overly descriptive)

Aduptations:

Is this animal mutated?

Lenght:

Weight:

Diet: ( inclueds prey)

Omnivore/herbivore/carnivor. Is it parasitic?

Predators:

Locomotion ( does it crwal, fly, swim etc.)

Habitat:

Wear does it live ( in a cave, swamp etc)

Describe to habitat and vegation, weather, climet etc.

Communication:

Does it live in a group? Is this animal solitary?

How does this animal react when frightened/confronted with an enimy? Does it run? Screch? Fight back etc?

How does it reperduce: sexualy/asexually

How does it reproduce:

Number of young:

Is is a threat to man? And disease? ( canine distimper/rabies/Well's disease etc)

If so, discribe the disease.

I hope this helps? If you need help than ask. :D If anyone has any questions about biology topics than ask. I can help with reserch and other science topices.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon