z

Young Writers Society

The Soundtrack to Your Story

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:48 am
Snoink says...

I used to do it quite frequently, but it's silent here now. "Gladiator" soundtrack is awesome though.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:24 pm
Roaming Shadow says...

I can't say that I've really listened to much while writting, I find it distracting, but I do other things. Instead of a song fitting a scene I'm writting, I'll often make scenes in my mind for whatever is on the radio. Songs like (and forgive me if I don't know the actuall title) "You love me, but you don't know who I am", "I hate everything about you", "Animal I Have Become" (I love that song, that was one that actually fit perfectly with an entire story idea that I haven't written yet), and so on. Listening first and then making scenes is a good way to get ideas in my opinion. Different songs make different scenes, and like others have mentioned, a soundtrack could then be made and create an entire (or at least rough) plotline. My way is just the other way around from what's been talked about so far.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:29 pm
Lizzybethrae says...

That happens to me a lot too. I do both ways. Listening to come up with an idea. Listenining to fine tune an idea.
"You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You’re in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there..."
--Angel

If food is poetry, is not poetry also food?
— Joyce Carol Oates