z

Young Writers Society

Journal

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:19 pm
babymagic18 says...

This has been an enormous help in my writing since I started it twelve days ago. What I do is every other day or every few days I write down my progress I have made in my writing. I find it enjoyable to look back and see how I am growing as a writer. For instance my characters have become more molded to the way I want them to be in my story. My plot has grown immensely and I feel really positive about myself as a writer in general. If you really don't believe me give it a try and see what happens you might just be surprised. I know I was. :D

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 pm
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Yup, that is right! It does help! It's actually a trend of writer's since the past, but we have different of doing it. I like the way you did the progression, I think it really helps :)
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:19 pm
Tenyo says...

Progress journals are great things to keep.

I find mine has helped because I always do a quick 'what's happening' wordwar before (and sometimes after) I write. It helps me to see in perspective when I'm getting most frustrated or when I'm failing my targets, so that I can either learn to overcome those issues or know when is simply not a good time for writing.
We were born to be amazing.

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li