z

Young Writers Society

Journal

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:19 pm
babymagic18 says...

This has been an enormous help in my writing since I started it twelve days ago. What I do is every other day or every few days I write down my progress I have made in my writing. I find it enjoyable to look back and see how I am growing as a writer. For instance my characters have become more molded to the way I want them to be in my story. My plot has grown immensely and I feel really positive about myself as a writer in general. If you really don't believe me give it a try and see what happens you might just be surprised. I know I was. :D

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:37 pm
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Yup, that is right! It does help! It's actually a trend of writer's since the past, but we have different of doing it. I like the way you did the progression, I think it really helps :)
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:19 pm
Tenyo says...

Progress journals are great things to keep.

I find mine has helped because I always do a quick 'what's happening' wordwar before (and sometimes after) I write. It helps me to see in perspective when I'm getting most frustrated or when I'm failing my targets, so that I can either learn to overcome those issues or know when is simply not a good time for writing.
We were born to be amazing.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss