z

Young Writers Society

When hit over the head with an idea..

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:53 pm
Meshugenah says...

One would think it might actually be one a person could work with. If a tie game through eight, two and a half hour rain delay and a flooded field and stadium, and ninth inning blown saves and homeruns, and won in the bottom of the tenth to ensure a 0-6 road trip could manifest itself to a winning plot.

Yeah. In other words? The most productive thing I can do, other than join the hordes angry of Giants (SF) fans who want to see Benitz off the team is write about the trials and tribulations of a World Series team gone south for the season; and no, in this case they didn't turn into the bloody monkey team (Angles, LA), but they beat the Padres 3-1 in the series (San Diego)... can't remember the last Dodgers series (shame, shame, BEAT LA!).

But the real question? What the heck does this have to do with writing? Well.. technically nothing, but channeling the frustration sure is fun, so I have some rather amusing poetry to laugh at, now. Sure, they haven't won in 6 games, and the closer's blown three saves in a row, but something productive has to come of this; if it's not a trade, why not some poetry, 'cause prose doesn't adequately express the hilarity of a flooded stadium in August (at least to this Californian), or the hysterics raised by a team that can beat the NL West division leader, but not the two last place teams in the NL Central and East.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
— Thomas Neill