z

Young Writers Society

Help with my Prolouge

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:19 pm
ArahAkachi1 says...

I need some help with my prolouge. Can I use my Prolouge as a flashblack to like 15 years when a storm hits and there's panic everywhere and something happens. But when I hit Chapter One, can I have it with my main character in school reporting on the event that happened 15 years before? I've looked throughout the tips but haven't seen any help. So, please let me know as soon as you can.
Writing your name can lead to writing sentences. And then the next thing you'll be doing is writing paragraphs, and then books. And then you'll be in as much trouble as I am!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

That's just fine. One thing to note about prologues is to not make them too important to the plot, because a lot of readers skip them. By giving the event then a report, you'll pretty much negate that.

One thing to remember about writing is, you can do anything you want. The question is more whether or not it works/makes sense. And you can make a lot of things work in writing.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
— John Cage