z

Young Writers Society

Planning a Book Series?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:21 am
View Likes
katiehorsie says...

So I am working on a trilogy right now, which will most likely be followed by another trilogy. I am on the planning part right now however, and I am having a few issues figuring out what I am going to have happen. Normally when I write, I go in without a plan and let it just happen, but that is not working with something this big. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me about planning. If you could maybe through out a few ideas or ways to organize my planning, I would be eternally grateful. Thank you. :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:44 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Don't try to control the plot.

Even if you're working with something big, just let it happen the way it wants to happen. Maybe have a rough outline of stuff you think might happen, but prepare to throw this outline out at the first unpredictable thing your characters do.

I'm working on a trilogy myself, and I have a rough beginning and ending point for each book. These points are near-constantly changing (although some events don't change) and I let them as the plot keeps going.

My best advice is to have an idea where you're going, but be ready to adjust everything on short notice.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Don't be sad bc sad backwards is das and das not good
— LadyMysterio