z

Young Writers Society

Can't visualise your characters? This might help...

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:43 am
Blues says...

Hi everyone!
When I first began planning my novel 'The Diamond Fist', I couldn't visualise my characters at all. I got the idea from a dream, see, which was originally inspired by watching the Jaws Trailer the day before (instead of dead people, it was kidnapped people, and it wasn't sharks but waterproof robots. It changed a lot during the dream as well - the hostages had their ransoms tattooed on their arms, building rockets to try and figure out what was taking these people, swimming in rivers... it was anarchy in that dream. Hardly anything in the dream is in the novel now.) and... I was in the dream. So I had to think up a character who wasn't brown haired, brown eyed or had chubby cheeks or whatever. Lovely.

Although I knew what their characteristics were, I didn't know how it all turned out. SOMEHOW. I'd have to find a person on the internet who looked like they could be called 'Liam'.

So... Long story short, I googled "Blond hair green eyed boy" and a young Alex Pettyfer appeared, who looks almost exactly the same except for the hair which is only slightly different.

Tip: Google what your characters look like. Or just search up Actor X when they were the same ages as the character. Ta da!

Hope I helped.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:58 am
writerwithacause says...

I do that too, sometimes. But it's pretty hard to find somebody with blond to red hair and blue eyes to look like my main character. xD
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:11 pm
View Likes
youngwolf1105 says...

What you could do to help, is get a peice of notebook paper, write the names of characters and their features. Then when it's time to put them in the story, think of more detail, like honey blonde, candy apple red, blue black..... Hope I've helped someone.
We were made to corageous,
We're taking back the fight.
We were made to be corageous,
And it starts with us tonight.

And the only way we'll stand,
Is on our knees with lifted hands.
Make us corageous,
Lord make us corageous. - Casting Crowns

Lots of times you have to pretend to join a parade in which you're not really interested in order to get where you're going.
— Christopher Darlington Morley