z

Young Writers Society

Need Writing Tips!

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:28 am
BookWorm2011 says...

:?: Wow, I really need tips to help out my writing. I write Realistic Fiction and I have alot of trouble with finsihing a book because things don't seem super good. Any tips to help me period ?(:
[
[/list]
This Was Submitted by -BookWorm2011- Read it and Love it(:

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:39 pm
Rosendorn says...

If you're looking for more general tips, check the Stickies of this forum. Stickies are always at the top of the page, with the little star-treck sign.

What is your favourite writing tip? and I want writing advice before it's too late! are absolutely full of good tips. Just read through the pages.

As for how to write period, and sticking with an idea, my biggest advice is a bit counterintuitive: don't write.

If nothing sounds good, you're forcing yourself to write. Writing should come from excitement, a good idea, something that just fuels passion. When things feel forced, start thinking about what makes you excited for an idea. What do you think would be cool in a story? Be it a character, situation, setting, backstory, anything. Then, start tossing that idea in your head. Flesh it out into a plot.

Once an idea is keeping you awake at night because you're just so excited to write it you can't sleep, then write. You will be so passionate about the idea it's likely to just flow. You can edit later.

And, since two general tip threads exist on this page already, this one is locked for redundancy. :)

*Locked*
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green