62%
No
38%

Total votes : 13

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:58 pm
Willow says...

Okay, I'm continuing a story I started a few years ago, but I was wondering whether the hero and heroine should end up together. The hero is in the same breath also kind of the villian. It's the Tedworth Ghost story (posted in Other). He's not really evil, but cuases a lot of problems and hurt for the heroine's family. In the end he sees the error of his ways and blah blah blah
oh, and they are in love by the way
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:32 pm
Sam says...

if it's tha guy that was in the bushes, then sure!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:45 pm
Skye says...

They can get together, sure. But know what would be fun? Make it really hard for them, just to add more substance. Give a good reason why they can't be together, and have them fight it. If you aren't writing a romance, then maybe make that a smaller subplot thingie, but I still think it would be fabulously entertaining. :twisted:
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

41 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:38 pm
View Likes
Willow says...

Okay thanks.
The thing that makes it hard for them is that he's a beggar and she's like high class or whatever. Plus he's sorta a criminal and the villian and her father hates him.
and leading no where

Reviews: 1
Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:24 pm
BlackBird says...

I don't think that they should end up together. I think it would give the story a little more realism, sort of a reminder that not everything that happens in life is not good. Maybe you could even make one of them die or something drastic like that.
Last edited by BlackBird on Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

41 Reviews

Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:10 pm
View Likes
Willow says...

K, I actually thought about that too. The thing is it's based on a real ghost story, so I don't want to change anything drastically, but I guess the guy could die coz no one knows what happened to him.
and leading no where

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:42 pm
Rei says...

Why don't you let the characters decide? Do they really want to be together? is that the best thing for them? What is in the way of them ending up together? Is that enough to keep them apart?
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:39 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Indeed. Letting completely random writers who know little or nothing about your story probably isn't the best way to decide the matter. Don't get me wrong, if you come to a fork in the road for which either side equals an interesting ending, by all means call for a tie-breaker.

Let your characters decide what happens. If they don't, then you have a story which isn't driven by the characters, but by an inflexible plot line or author.

Good writers listen to their characters. For better or worse.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:42 am
Bobo says...

Hm... good point on those last posts. I say let them be together if it makes sense in the essay. Or you could take the Count of Monte Cristo route and make the guy's sins make him want to leave his own life and find a new one with a different girl. But yeah, listen to the characters and the story.

41 Reviews

Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:47 pm
Willow says...

Thanks
Good advice :D
and leading no where

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates