z

Young Writers Society

Novella advice please

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:08 am
Tazy says...

I have my best peice almost at it's best and i'd love to try and get it published. However I have been told that novellads dont get published. I would like to know your views on wether I should or could try anyway. I would love to try and I know i'd probably or almost definetly be regected but i'm prepared for that. Your opinion would be of great help.
PS: I havent posted the novella on the net since I was inacuretly informed that publisheres didnt except work already on the net.
Thanks a lot
tazy
Just belive and you will acheive!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:20 am
Sam says...

I'd post some of it online if you're comfortable with that, or just send it to a couple of people over email so you could get some advice on it. The better it is, the more chance you have, right?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:59 am
Sureal says...

How long is it (word count)?
Where do you want it to be published? A magazine/newspaper? A book?

If you want it to be in a magazine, try to find some that print your type of story. Look at their specifications (if you can't find it in the mag, then check their website).
For a book, you may need a literary agent for the larger publishing compaines. Try to find some book publishers (look in your local library and bookshoop to find books like yours, and check what their publisher is) - don't use a publisher you only found on the net. Find their website and look at their specifications. If they say they don't accept unsolicitated submissions, then you'll need a literary agent.

Look at www.writers.net/ - it has more information on the publishing process.
I wrote the above just for you.

“If lightning is the anger of the gods, then the gods are concerned mostly about trees.”
— Lao Tzu