z

Young Writers Society

Good vs. Evil

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:56 pm
Qultur says...

The themes in books are NEVER Good vs. Evil, since the characters are all in circumstantial situations putting them either in the so-called "good" or "evil" categories. To describe something as "good" or "evil" is to be biased.

So, I've a new theme, a better theme than anyone has ever thought of, EVER.

Nature vs. Robots

Robots represent the unchanging, the Ego which attempts to steer an individual's Id, whether it leads to general catastrophe or peace or whatshiz.

Nature represents all that ancient Id stuff, stuff that was here before people had any sort of language and all that.

You could describe both the protagonist and antagonist as individuals of Nature, as they're both trying to kick the other's ass for reasons of their own, whether it's, respectively, to win the love of some princess trapped in some tower or just because he wants to kick the other guys' ass. Both are acts of the Id. (I'm hoping at this point that you've heard of Freud's descriptions of Id and Ego)

But, this then leads me to believe that all characters are simply beings of nature; neither of good, nor evil, but simply of simple nature. Yeap. Which begs the question of who are robots...

Ah! Robots are the results of beings of nature, as in, well...

...I'm a little stuck on Robots.

Any thoughts on this bored rant?

Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg