z

Young Writers Society

Help!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:42 pm
laughingfreakx3 says...

If you can give me ideas of a poem please reply.
Just something to write about
the best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up

Reviews: 4
Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:15 pm
qirrat awan says...

OK!
I am not a very wise person neither am i a friend but if you need help than i think you can use my advice!
See searching for a topic to actually write a poetry is not your problem you know you are basically being a little shy!
i am not offending you because it was the same thing with me and my friend told me this from than onwards i write over anything on tissue papers ,handkercheifs papers anywhere where ever i feel like!
you do one thing why don't you describe your condition of not finding a topic in a poetry! using emotions a bit laughter an event or two!
it will help!
write on stuff you see but don't describe them use a bit of your fantasy imagination!
for example take a topic like TRAIN!
don't actually write about trains think about a lifetime compared sitting in a train waiting for your journey orwrite a story of grief or fun in a train! anything !
It will help you know no topic is smaller or bigger neither any topic is harder or simpler ! it is you who make it so break the barriers and go for anything you feel at this very instant!
My words need FREEDOM! My Ink needs COMMANDand LEAD!
and my thoughts need HORSES!
My Orbs need CANDELS of GLORY! and my Hands need to be keys to the HANDCUFFS of Shyness!I need key to MY WORLD and the key needs a reason to be FOUND!

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:08 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Moved to writing tips. Also, I edited your all-caps title. There's no need to shout. ;)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:33 pm
Antares says...

laughingfreakx3 wrote:If you can give me ideas of a poem please reply.
Just something to write about

I've always thought of poetry as a very personal thing hence the reason why I don't write any. Just think about any life changing experiences or emotional periods in your life that you've been through and... Write. It's got to 'come from the heart' if you will.

Of course not every poem has to be sad or about you. You can write about all sorts but the main thing is that it has to come from you. Your ideas are better than what anyone else can give you.
'Moses Kiptanui - the 19 year old Kenyan, who turned 20 a few weeks ago.'
'If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.' David Coleman
'Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match.' Ian Wright

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:38 pm
Medusa says...

A funny lil tool is to go to Flickr and click on the random button. See what you get. A random, beautiful picture will appear and you can write a poem on what you see.
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Everything has a consequence and every consequence leads to death.
— kattee