z

Young Writers Society

Portfolios, portfolios, portfolios!

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:42 pm
Monki says...

So, I say a portfolio is a wonderful thing. I put this under writing tips because it really is. And you know, after you have had it for a while, you can look back on all of your writing and maybe, just maybe, it'll give you some ideas. Or, you'll just be so appalled at how bad you had written.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:43 pm
Gahks says...

Agreed. Your previous work can be so inspirational and motivating. Either that you know you can do better, or you are easily capable of producing work of an equivalent or higher standard.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:02 pm
JFW1415 says...

*Nods*

And it's a great way to be obsessive about organizing! I have my own folder saved in word, a folder for writing within it, a folder for every story in that, and then some folders in those... :oops:

A great way to save all drafts, too. It'll all be in the same folder.

~JFW1415

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:26 pm
Via says...

This is very true, though I never thought of it as a portfolio, per se.

I think, if I ever have black ink again, I may print all of my currently completed (not really "finished" i suppose) works off and put them somewhere NOT in the computer lol.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina