z

Young Writers Society

Writing Playlists

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:35 pm
chocoholic says...

I just put my iTunes onto shuffle and skip to the next song if it's not what I feel like listening to.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:54 pm
Lynlyn says...

Yeah, I have a couple different playlists. Classical music is generally reserved for essays, because honestly, I can't listen to anything with words while I'm trying to write something as analytical as literary criticism, or else I'd go nuts. For Fantasy-ish stuff, it differs - I (literally) have a playlist for every project. SSW is mostly Loreena McKennit, some soundtrack stuff from Alexander and 1492: Conquest of Paradise, and a little bit of Riverdance (yes, it's still awesome, be quiet).

For my most recent story, and probably the only one I've ever written that takes place in the last 100 years, I've made a playlist of my main character's favorite music, which is, consequently, not really my favorite music, but I think it helps me develop her character. Actually, probably not, but the Pixies/Jesus and Mary Chain/Sonic Youth are enriching my musical breadth anyway.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado