z

Young Writers Society

Stupid Creative Writing Assignment--NEED TIPS!!!

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:43 pm
Monki says...

Nope. I keep bugging her about it though and she said because I keep bugging her she'll give them to us today.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:18 pm
Monki says...

Oh my gosh! It's been like, five months and I never gave you the guidelines! I have them here somewhere if you still want them...

*ruffles through old binder*
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:26 pm
Gahks says...

Tip 1: Get yourself an ideas box.

Anythign vaguely interesting - an anecdote, something you overhear, a news story - can go in it. When you've got an ideas drought, rummage through it and see if you can string a plot out of anything.

Tip 2: Use a story generator!

Doesn't YWS have one? I also recommend http://www.seventhsanctum.com: it's full of great generators. It also makes great fun!
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins