z

Young Writers Society

Hmmm...

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:45 pm
Sam says...

I need some help sorting out plots/subplots!

In my story Hourglass, there is a romance (i know you are thinking...sam/romance don't mix lol) but I want to make it a focal point of the story...without making it the focal point of the story.

Gah. I know I am confusing you, but do you get what I mean?

There are more important aspects of the story than the romance, but I don't want that part of it to be undermined.

I need help sorting out my priorities with this piece...and there's also the bit about finding my mind...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:52 am
Elelel says...

Hmmmm... I'm not sure how to advise, because I've never thought about the problem before (and now the question is ... why havn't I? It's a perfectly good question) I think that it might help if you mad ethe main characters think more about the main points in the story. See, the things that the story spends more time describing, or that teh main characters think about more, are focused on more by the reader. At least that's how I've always thought of it ... so I hope it helped you.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:06 pm
Rei says...

my suggestion. Don't stress about it. Just write the story while keeping an awareness of what the characters' relationships are. Afterwards, if you still see the problem you feel you are having, then you can fix it.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote