Young Writers Society

What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:53 pm
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Write when you're tired / it's very late. Your sub-conscious crazy-awesomeness is turned off at those times so you can end up with some of the greatest, but sometimes wacky ideas.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:37 am
AlfredSymon says...

Another thing I found on the net...

What you know before you do a minute's research, is the best place to start your idea search. Pay close attention to common, everyday experiences, whether at home or at work. What may seem drab or ordinary on the surface might actually be a book in disguise.

-- Dummies
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:51 pm
deleted12 says...

Mark Crilley said:''Don't get to comfortable doing one thing'' for drawing...but I can also apply that to writing...and that would be my favorite writing tip! ;)

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:17 pm
spinelli says...

My best writing tip was probably this weird looking pen my mom bought me. It was really tiny and could fit in my palm. Ballpoint. Black. Wrote wonderfully.

[if someone already made this joke, I'm gonna be super bummed out about it]

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:22 am
xXravenxX says...

The best writing tip anyone has ever suggested to me is that to write , you must love the art of being able to read prose and poetry yourself . If you don't like reading how in the world will you be able to finish a book? You have to always re-read your book or stories to make sure it's good .

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:23 am
xXravenxX says...

noninjaspresent wrote:Write when you're tired / it's very late. Your sub-conscious crazy-awesomeness is turned off at those times so you can end up with some of the greatest, but sometimes wacky ideas.

I do all my best thinking on stories and themes at night

Reviews: 4
Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:08 pm
CrystalWoolf says...

My favorite writing tip was actually one I received from my father who has never read my work but knows I like to write told me. Anyways he explained to me something I had pretty much realized.

The way you start out your book is probably one of the most important things to whether or not someone is going to read it. You want to capture your reader's attention within the first paragraph and hold it until the end. The entire first chapter the reader spends deciding whether or not they want to continue reading and you have to make them want to continue. Grab their attention and get them interested in your book.

Well that is part of a long discussion I had with my father which covered characterization, creating worlds for your books, and well pretty much everything but this is the part that I would have to say is the best writing tip I have ever heard since everything else falls after that. Also I pretty much summed up what he was meaning instead of quoting him...[/color][/color]
Crystal Woolf

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:38 pm
View Likes
ImHero says...

Pick and choose your philosophy about writing. It's the foundation of originality.
new profile: profile.php?u=36729

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:24 pm
Jonathan says...

Keep writing. :)
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:35 pm
Wonder says...

As soon as you think of an idea, sentence, stanza, verse, etc., even if it is 2 in the morning, WRITE IT DOWN.

Trust me.
Even though the girl smiles and laughs doesn't mean that she isn't dead inside.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:56 pm
RyiaGreene says...

My "editor" told me don't sweat the small errors, finish the writing before you worry about those kind of things.

Reviews: 0
Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:44 am
firouz says...

Hello everyone, My name is Firouz Alam and I'm a Web Enthusiast and Blogger. My Weblog named is Manuscriptedit Blog.

My favorite writing tip is 'Writing Accurately', because writing accurately makes our writing not only factually and grammatically correct but also ensures that readers can easily understand our ideas. Thank you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:10 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

yazzieabby wrote:Hello friend, the best writing tip i ever received is that to approach any of good essay writing service available in online. this essay writing service really help me to write excellent essays on several topics.

But if they write essays for you, how can you get any better?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:43 pm
Joe says...

"If the writer ain't crying the reader ain't crying"

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:03 pm
horrendous says...

if you get scathing criticism on your early works, don't get discouraged. this can be tough because in my experience, writers frequently believe that their first works are going to knock socks and turn heads. i know that's how i felt.

don't misconstrue criticism as dislike or disinterest. all serious criticism is constructive, so if your first story gets blasted by a reviewer, take their comments to heart because in truth they're only trying to help.
hor·ren·dous
adjective: shockingly dreadful; horrible
synonyms: appalling, frightful, hideous

--

Life is like a box of chocolates. Too much will make you sick.

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid