z

Young Writers Society

I created my own analogy. Let me know what you think.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:58 pm
deleted says...

Hey everyone. I am recently divorced. In the final court appearance, I used an analogy that went over well. It takes a bit of back tracking to understand.

Of course, it is a divorce so it was somewhat messy. There were a lot of hurt feelings all round. My ex-wife is a very insecure and timid person. On top of that she is extremely stubborn. Each of these attribute build off each other.

None the less, I knew of her insecurity, and since she was going to be the primary caretaker of my absolutely awesome 5 year old son, I wanted to force as little strain on his mother as possible, but still protect some of my interests.

Now, I am no 'awesome husband' and do accept my share of the blame of our failed marriage. But she accepts NONE. One of my downfalls is that I do not release resentments easily. On a closed fist can I count the amount of friends I have. My theory is if you piss me off, you do not deserve to be my friend.

However, in the best interest of my son, I have worked very hard on correcting this very disturbing human flaw in me. However, my wife has done no such thing to correct her own.

I begged the judge in the case to order my ex into counselling, for her and my sons benefit. The analogy I used to support this was.....

"Your Honour, I have worked very hard to fix what was wrong with me, but she has done no such thing. I mean, if a man learns to fish, then you have something, you have something really REALLY good. However, if you constantly force that man to hand his fish over to his ex-wife, so she can slap him in the face with them, then something is very VERY wrong.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:30 pm
backgroundbob says...

I'm sure that 'I can fish but she keeps hitting me' isn't a recognised legal defense :P

Nah, I'm only joking; if it went over well, good on you for thinking it up.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:33 pm
deleted says...

Like I said, my attempt was only to open eyes for her need of counselling.

Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners