z

Young Writers Society

fantasy writing blog, v. good, name starts with L - ??

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:56 pm
Esmé says...

Hi,

a few years back there was a terrific blog on - LiveJournal, maybe and probably. It had posts with advice and all sorts of things about writing, and was written in a rather entertaining way. I think the author was an editor somewhere. She closed shop a few years back (the blog writing, I have no idea about the editing). But I think the blog/website, whatever it was, is still somewhere on the internet? Allegedly nothing ever disappears from here! (it was a v. good website, would be a great pity if it did).

Thing is, I cannot for the life of me remember what her name was - and can't find the website. But I recall that when it was active, a few people on it were mentioning it on YWS, so I thought, why not, might ask here.

The author's screenname was something lovely, and started with the letter L. Something along the lines of Lirael but not.

It's a long shot, but - any ideas?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Are you thinking of Limyaael's Fantasy Rants? Because those are still archived on her LiveJournal (limyaael.livejournal.com) -- and a complete list with content can be found here on CuriosityQuills.
stay off the faerie paths

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:06 am
Esmé says...

Perfect, thanks a million!

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown