He bit the Russians,
Them stupid communists,
And bit the Americans,
Those white trash idiots

On their stinking warmongering faces

Made a united front,

Prevented, alas, Babylon

Hi there, vk!

So, this is really a pretty entertaining piece. Since I don't take a history class (I'm homeschooled ;) ) I can't quite pin point what this is about, but I get the general gist of it!

Other than all the parts that I pointed out in purple above, the only thing I think you should work on is you punctuation (you have none at the end of every stanza. That's ok, but if you'd like this to be presented better you should put in some punctuation) and imagery (can you tell us what the Russians looked like, all ready for battle in their uniforms? What about the Americans? Anything else that you think you could describe, too, would make this better ;) ). I think it flowed really well and I liked your word choices.

So, bravo! This was a cute piece.

Keep writing,
Justagirl
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:46 am
murtuza says...

Hey, Ravi!

This is an entertaining piece here that you've written and the story is charming. Git, in the name of peace, vows to prevent the collision of forces and helps them unite, thus saving the world from doom. It's simple and with great moral value. So great job in attempting this!

Now, there were a couple of hiccups here and there that need to be pointed out.

One day little Git
Was flying around
And spotted one day
Around the town

The phrase 'One day' has been used just twice, but in such succession and without much interval. This makes the whole stanza repetitive and quite unappealing. There's not much of creative imagery here as well. You've already said about him buzzing away in the last stanza and now you're using 'flying'. Again, the very limited description here brings about little life in the poem and doesn't do well for itself.

You've rhymed in this poem and it's simple and calm. A lot of very easy-to-use rhymes are in here and it makes the whole rhyme scheme imaginative. Also, the rhyme worsens as the poem progresses. The last few stanzas do not rhyme very well or have no rhyme at all.

I would suggest that you keep writing. Practice and practice. There's no better substitute than that. Write anything that comes to your mind. Even if you think it's good or bad, it'll still contribute towards your writing experience and build on your vocabulary. This is a great effort and not a bad idea. So keep the ink flowing!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)