z

Young Writers Society

Hi, I'm new!

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:32 pm
Ruby68 says...

Hi there! I'm Ruby and I'm new here and a little bit confused. Everyone I've met so far seems super nice though! If anyone has any advice for me that would be great!
Thanks! :D
To the moon and back.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:49 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Hi Ruby and welcome to YWS! You're right--everyone is super-nice here! It's a great place to share and get feedback on your writing. Some things to know.

1) The points system: Basically, you earn points by reviewing and you spend them by posting your work. This ensures everyone gets reviews. As a new member, you get enough points to post one work. If you're unsure about how to review, that's okay! It's a skill that takes practice. You can find works to review in any of the Literary tabs (All Literary, Books, Poetry, Shorts) or the Green Room (these have less than two reviews, so you can earn extra points).

Some review tip articles: The YWS Critique Sandwich
How To Make a (Poetry) Review Go Further
Critiquing poetry
What isn't a good critique?
How To Write A Good Critique
Need Help Writing a Basic Review?

2) To post a work: Go to the "Publishing Center" in the top bar and click "Add a new work". You'll have to make a folder for it first.

3) The community. Of course you want to share your writing, but there's also a lot of other things you can do.
-Blog (from the "Blogs" tab)
-Join or start a Club
-Post in the Forums (this includes games like Randomosity or discussions and tips about writing under Resources)
-Follow people in the "People tab". This creates a feed so you'll know when people update their status, like a topic, or post a new work or blog entry.
-Join a Storybook. These are collaborative stories that can be lots of fun. Check out the "Storybooks" tab for more info.

Okay, that's been a lot of me babbling. Let me know if you have any questions! And now, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:34 am
Iggy says...

Hey Ruby! Welcome to YWS! :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:49 am
manisha says...

Ruby! Welcome to the site!
I think I followed you today! Hope to see you around!
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:59 am
Apricity says...

Hey Ruby! ^_^ Welcome to YWS, if you have any questions. Please feel free to ask me!

Your friend, the dark queen of chocolate.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:34 pm
Demeter says...

Hi Ruby! :D I already met you on chat, but I didn't realise you were new! Coming across as one of the oldies already ;)

Welcome to YWS!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:37 am
Snowery says...

Hey Ruby!! Welcome to the YWS family!! I'm sure you'll grow to love it here!! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask. Looking forward to seeing your work!! :) :D
The World Is Mine.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:44 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Nice to meet you Ruby! Hope to see you around the site!

So what kind of things do you like to write?
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:15 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

GREEEEEEEEETINGS!
Nice to see a steady influx of newbies!
(This site is awesome by the way)
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:17 pm
GreenTulip says...

Welcome. :)
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.
— Pablo Neruda