z

Young Writers Society

Hi! Just joined yesterday...

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:29 am
Milanimo says...

Hi! I'm Milanimo! I joined yesterday and was hoping to make some new friends so come and join me. I'd love to start to become a part of the community!

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:34 am
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

Hi! You'll love it here, I bet you anything.
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:41 am
View Likes
Pan says...

Welcome, Mila! It's nice to meet you! I hope you have tons of fun here!!
*shakes hand*
I'm PenAndSword, people call me Pen, Pan, Papen, PaS, And, and everything I'm between. My real name is Christina, so call me what ever you want. *waves* I hope to see you around :D
I AM THE PAN.
BEWARE MY KITCHEN UTENSIL-Y GLORY!
Formerly 'PenAndSword'

123 Reviews

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:48 am
Milanimo says...

Hi! I already love it here! And thanks PenandSword! My name is Milan, kind of a mix of the two name, Geronimo(not actually a part of my name) and Milan. And it's nice to meet you all! This site is really welcoming. My last site wasn't what I was looking for, not really full of dedicated writers and people who were interested in actually taking their talents somewhere. It was more like a social website. I'm hoping to really learn some things here and meet some fellow writers!

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:58 am
Apricity says...

*waves*

YWS is dedicated to insanity and writing and epicness! You will love it here! :D

Welcome!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

123 Reviews

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:07 am
Milanimo says...

Thanks! Hey, do you guys have any tips on writing reviews? Im having trouble finding things to critique in some things people write.
Last edited by Milanimo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:09 am
yubbies21 says...

Hey Milanimo! Check out this link, it has some great advice! The YWS Critique Sandwich

Also, this link has some advice from various members around the site of how to not hurt other's feelings.
How do I give good reviews without breaking spirits?

Welcome to YWS!
beep

123 Reviews

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:34 am
Milanimo says...

Thank you! Does anyone have any advice for working in the community?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:06 am
Holysocks says...

Hi, welcome to the family!

Well, for working in the community, all I'd say is remember to rate your works accordingly! And just get out there, you've already done 7 reviews!? That's awesome!!! You're doing great.

Other things you might want to try:

Clubs- You mentioned that you wanted to find friends? Well clubbing is a great way to meet people like yourself! Just find a club that's something you like, like music or Harry Potter, and subscribe.

Chat is even better for making friends, because you meet people that you may not have thought you'd be friends with. And it's just fun ( I've recently discovered the chat room! )

Story Books are also great for making friends, if that's your kind of thing. And I hear that they are super fun! :-P

Anyway, so much for "all I'd say".

See you around!
100% autistic

123 Reviews

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:10 am
Milanimo says...

Thanks! I'm trying to get in the swing of things as soon as possible. Another question. Sorry just trying to understand everything I can. How do story books work? They look interesting enough, I just don't know what they are or how to get involved.

494 Reviews

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:19 am
Holysocks says...

Storybook FAQ

OK, I think that that is the link to SB rules...
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:20 am
Holysocks says...

Holysocks wrote:http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=85543

OK, I think that that is the link to SB rules...

Not rules, sorry, I mean this should answer your questions about Story Books.
100% autistic

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:35 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!

Storybooks work like this: someone creates a storybook and you join! Simple, right? Usually what you do is read the plot, the rules, everything the OP (original poster) has given you and you determine whether you would want to join or not. Then, if the answer is yes, head on over to the DT and request a spot! A DT is a discussion topic, which is like a OOC (out of character) topic where you plot, discuss the storybook, organize meet-ups, etc.

It's really fun and easy to do, and you'll get the hang of it! If you ever need any help, with both Storybooks and anything about the site, catch me on the chat bar or PM me! I'm a storybook mod, so it's kinda my specialty. c:

Once again, welcome to YWS! And do read that link Holysocks provided for you. It answers majority of Storybook FAQs.

-Iggy
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:03 am
deleted30 says...

Welcome welcome welcome!!! :smt003

Milanimo wrote:This site is really welcoming. My last site wasn't what I was looking for, not really full of dedicated writers and people who were interested in actually taking their talents somewhere. It was more like a social website.

I know what you mean. I've posted my works on a few other writing sites, but the people there were not nearly as friendly or willing to review as they are here on YWS. I think it's because of how this site works—reviews equal points and the more you do, the more stars you get! It's a win-win and therefore more motivating. ;)

Have fun here! :D

123 Reviews

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:07 pm
View Likes
Milanimo says...

Yeah! I love the system here and thank you for all of the help! It's so nice to meet you guys and I hope to talk to you again soon!

I wouldn't think "impossible" was even in your vocabulary.
— Sharpay Evans, High School Musical