z

Young Writers Society

Hello Everyone

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:29 am
Meddle says...

Hello Everyone,

My name is Meddle, I'm a new as they come to online writing. I've been writing for about three years while attending college full time. But I've recently decided to pursue writing as a career(risky I know) so I wanted to join a forum where I could improve my skills while helping others. I've got several works on the press right now. Most of my writing deals with real world scenarios or altering history slightly though I do have a fantasy novella in the works right now. Above all I expect my writing to speak for itself and not rest on any reputation I make for myself. I strive to make my writing applicable to the real world even if it's fictional. Anyways, looking forward to working with everybody.

Best Regards,
Meddle

363 Reviews

Reviews: 363
Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:55 am
DreamWork says...

Hiya, welcome to YWS. You're in a right place! Any question, feel free to ask around. WE are all friendly! :smt003
P/s: Why consider creative writing as a risky course to choose? If you love writing, there will be no problem. We will willing to take the challenge even though it's tough. :wink:
Cheers!
Well, because this is December 8)
Dream high

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:03 pm
Tenyo says...

Hey Meddle! Welcome to YWS! Sounds like you've got some big dreams.

If you're looking to improve your writing then YWS is a great place. There are some really wise folk on here who give good feedback in a constructive way. It'll also teach you to toughen up, view your work objectively and not to take criticism to heart.

You might get some bruises along the way, but thick skin is a necessity for a professional writer, as you probably know =]

As well as posting your work up you might want to check out the Resources forums, they're a vast resource for all literary predicaments with some snazzy articles on writing and a place to angst out.

And don't forget to keep an eye out for the people with green names, they're your friendly neighbourhood mods and they're always around if you have any questions!

Have fun exploring the site!
We were born to be amazing.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:39 am
Iggy says...

*waves* Hello and welcome!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White