z

Young Writers Society

Who wants tea?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:15 am
joebot says...

I like earl grey and blackberry. Always with milk and sugar. No cream or honey though. You can call me joe, and I hate coffee. I love editing though.

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:06 am
megsug says...

Hey Joe~
I love chai tea, and my cousin introduced me to this peach ginger tea that was pretty fantastic. I don't like drinking coffee, but I love coffee flavored things. Like coffee flavored ice cream. Best. Thing. Ever.
Welcome to YWS! It's a good thing you like editing. A lot of people love that kind of thing in their reviews.
If you ever feel a little lost pop by this club: The Buddy System. They'll set you up with a mentor, and that person will help you out for the first few months. I'm a mentor, just to give you a heads up. ;)
Tell us a little more about you! What kind of stuff do you like to write?
Test

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:42 am
Lava says...

Hi joebot!

I love Earl Grey tea! I have it without milk - just water. But it is my favourite!
But the milk kind, I'm all for the different variants on Indian tea (Chai). I love adding honey,ginger, elaichi etc to it!

Anyway. Welcome to YWS! Let's have a tea party!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:41 am
Iggy says...

I love tea! My mom makes the best sugary tea ever. :)

Welcome to the site! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or another mod. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

14 Reviews

Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:00 pm
View Likes
joebot says...

@megsug Ohhh, peach ginger sounds wonderful. And +1 to coffee flavored things. Coffee ice cream is the best.
What kind of things would I learn from a mentor? So far the site seems pretty simple, but I may be missing something. I'm just reviewing and posting on the forums so far.

I seem to always write YA or teen fiction. Favorite genres would be dystopian, post-apocalyptic, and sometimes urban fantasy or modern stories with supernatural elements.
I've finished the first draft of a story (a little over fifty five thousand words) and am now in the editing stages, so I'm not writing a whole lot of new stuff. I might post now and again.

@Lava I occasionally have tea without milk or sugar. For that I usually use jasmine, honeysuckle or some other type of white tea. It has to be really weak though, otherwise it's too bitter for me to enjoy it.
I'm all for a tea party! Someone has to bring cookies. I say we have ice cream, too.

@Iggy My dad makes the most amazing cup of sugared blackberry tea. It's like drinking the nectar of scholars.
Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel very comfortable here. Everyone has been very helpful.

463 Reviews

Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:43 am
megsug says...

Then it sounds like you're good to go! Some people are just slower to catch on than others. I love reading dystopian and urban fantasy, but I'm awful at writing it. I'm really jealous that you've finished your first draft. I'm still working on mine xP
Test

14 Reviews

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:37 am
joebot says...

@megsug It's been almost a month since I typed the last few sentences and I'm still totally in awe that I actually did it. I printed it out and it's about 170 pages. The feeling of all those sheets right out of the printer and hot in my hands was amazing. They felt so soft and new, like I was holding a baby. Of course now I'm pretty much tearing it apart, making it bleed red ink. I'm kind of a cruel editor (and I love it). I actually like editing more than I like writing ;)

463 Reviews

Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:47 am
megsug says...

Now you're just rubbing it in. XD
Test

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:14 am
Dakushau says...

Hey there Joebot! Welcome to YWS!

I love tea as well. Best stuff in the world. Although I make coffee for my brother, I never did like the taste. I was always more of a tea person anyway. I like most every kind of tea. Darjeeling is good with a touch of milk. Earl grey is good as well. Sweat tea's pretty good and I think I make some pretty good sweat tea myself. I once made tea using pine needles, it tasted bitter but was otherwise alright. I've tried peppermint tea before which I thought tasted pretty good. I've never had blackberry tea, but I bet it tastes great. Well, now I got myself focused on tea. Wish I had a cup right now.

Once again, welcome to the site. If you every need any help feel free to holler and I'll see what I can do. I would definitely recommend checking out The Buddy System. There a good group which helps new members and offers mentors to help you out with the site as well.

Some other helpful links are:
Official YWS Rules & Guides
Internet Safety
Storybook FAQ Storybooks are great fun.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Welcome to the site! Tea is great!
Merry Christmas!
~Dakushau
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

14 Reviews

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:32 am
joebot says...

@megsug I call it motivation ;D

@Dakushau How old is your brother? Sometimes I make coffee for my dad in the morning (I usually wake up at around 5am ha ha). I can't say I've tried darjeeling. I don't like sweet tea, but I do like regular iced tea with nothing else in it.
Pine tea... huh. My dad once planted a mint bush out in front of our house and it took over the whole yard. We couldn't get rid of it. He ended up making massive amounts of sun tea from it every year. We've moved since then but I still miss his sun tea.
I might go make myself a cup of tea in a few minutes. Debating between blackberry and English breakfast. Hmmmmmm.

Is the buddy system just for help with the site? So far it's been pretty easy to figure out. I don't know if I'm missing something though. I've just been reviewing and posting to the forums.
Thanks for the links! Merry Christmas!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:58 am
Dakushau says...

@joebot

My brother's almost 18. He will be in less than 2 months.
As for the Buddy System, it's not only a group for helping you out if you have a problem or question about the site, but you can also get a mentor, who will help you around the site, and help advise and review your works, and who will just be a friendly face.

Always happy to help! Merry Christmas!
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
— Tony Dorsett