z

Young Writers Society

Another Newbie Joins the Pool

Random avatar

Reviews: 94
Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:27 am
defiantAuthoress says...

Hi everyone! I'm Kekai, and as you already know, I'm new around here. I've been writing since I was a little kid, and I hope to become a published author someday. I'll write pretty much anything, and read pretty much anything to (though in general, sci-fi and fantasy are my favorite). I joined this site hoping for some honest constructive criticism of my writing, and a group of other like-minded people.
Anyway, nice to meet you all!

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:40 am
View Likes
Cheetah says...

Hey Defiant! Welcome to YWS! Fantasy and science fiction are my favorite genres as well! You will definitely get a lot of constructive criticism here- that's the reason I love YWS so much. If you ever need any help or have any questions, my PM box is always open. I can't wait to see some of your writing! :D

~Cheetah
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:47 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Welcome to the site!

My name's Iggy. Nice to meet you! If you have any questions, PM me or any other mod in these colors! :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 am
Ossum says...

WELCOME TO THE SITE! GLAD YOU'RE HERE!
Never give up on yourself or others.
Fight for what is in your heart, not in your head.
And if it all comes down to it,
Die on your feet before yo live on your knees.

Chin up, shoulders back, smile on.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:51 pm
crossroads says...

Hai, welcome!

I'm fond of the same genres as well, though I admit I'm not actually good at writing science fiction, I'm better with just imagining it :mrgreen: Do you have any favourite authors or books? :3
As they said above, YWS is definitely the right place for constructive criticism, and I'm sure you'll find like-minded people as well ;)

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing you around and reading your posts, and feel free to let me know if you need anything~
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Random avatar

Reviews: 94
Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:48 pm
defiantAuthoress says...

Thanks for all the welcomes, you guys! :)

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:04 am
KnightTeen says...

There's a pool??? Where???

Hey defiant, welcome to the site! Be sure to check out the FAQ for new users, and like Iggy said if you have a problem don't hesitate to ask any of us!
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World