z

Young Writers Society

Hi to YWS!!

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:02 am
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

So I am three days into this thing and 28 reviews and I realized that I haven't been following the directions :smt021 Whoops!! You are supposed to be introducing yourself to everybody, stupid! :smt021
I am Timmyjake! But you can call me Tim, Timmy or Timothy. You can even call me Bob if you want! I don't care! ;)
I am new to this whole review system thing, but I am not entirely new to writing. I have been writing one novel for three years. I think I have written about 800 pages, but I have started over about ten times, so no finished novel! Just the way it goes. I am my worst critic, I fear. This time I am resolved to not start over until I finish and then when I am finished I can write it over one time and call it good!!
So hello to all of you and I will meet all of you some time or another. Probably when I give you a review! :smt003
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:09 am
Blackwood says...

Welcome buddy. Don't fret. I never introduced myself.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:13 am
Rook says...

Hey timmy! Welcome! I never introduced myself either, so you're good.
That's a good plan, to finish your novel before you begin again (Again).
You'll learn the ropes of YWS soon enough ^^
There are lots of great people here! In case no one told you yet, the people with the green names are mods, and they're super helpful. :)
So yeah. Welcome!
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

1007 Reviews

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:57 am
TimmyJake says...

Well, hello! Thanks for the advice. I had a mod, Iggy, give me some instruction today!
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:24 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

>__>

<__<

'twasn't really instruction, per say. Just me letting you know that I moved a topic of yours to the appropriate forum! No big deal; no one's in trouble. Just me being OCD. ;)

Welcome to the site!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1007 Reviews

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:13 am
TimmyJake says...

Thanks!! I think I am getting used to it now!
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 am
Iggy says...

Like I said, PM me if you ever need any help! Or anyone in this color or this color or even this color! :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1007 Reviews

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:22 am
TimmyJake says...

Gotcha. Thanks for welcoming me here!
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:26 pm
deleted5 says...

Welcome to the site Tim!
What is your story about by the way?
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:09 am
FireFox says...

Hey Tim! :) We have already been acquainted, but I have the same question as @AlexSushiDog! What is your novel about?
Check out The Cost of Living and leave me a review! Constructive criticism appreciated!

1007 Reviews

Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 am
TimmyJake says...

Its a fantasy novel involving another world. Dragons and humans are the two main species on the planet. There are two guardians of the earth, called the Eldest One(good) and the Evil Spirit(bad, obviously) they send out their chosen people to do their work to bring good or evil down.
My story is about how the evil spirit has destroyed every dragon down to the last ten. They are in exile and the Evil Spirit has assumed a physical form and is ruling the most powerful country in the world and is determined to exterminate all dragons and all that has to do with them.
The main character, Trako, must receive a power that has been handed down for centuries, a compilation of 199 scale gifts.
A scale gift is given to each dragon when it is born from the Eldest One. It is their duty to use that gift to fight evil. For instance, Trako's is fire. Another character has great strength, another the ability to talk to trees, etc...
But the Eldest One created a mid species, hoping to bridge the gap between dragon and man. Trako has a man's body, but a dragon's soul. Part of the dragon's soul is his scale gift. The story is about how Trako learns how to use his power, to control it, and how he finally defeats the Evil Spirit in an epic one on one battle. It will be three books. I only hope I have the energy to finish them! :)
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:05 am
Audy says...

Ahahaha, well here's to a belated welcome, Timmyjake. 28 reviews is one heckuva start, so it's fantastic to meet'cha ^_^ :O

Your novel sounds really awesome. I'm a big fan of the hero's journey and plus dragons, what's not to love? :) If you ever need novel feedback, you can check out the novel workshop or submit it a chapter at a time via the publishing center. Also, check out Resources if you haven't already - it's a great place to read user-submitted writing advice, esp. if you need help with writer's block/starting over/motivation with finishing. Good luck with it!

1007 Reviews

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:01 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

Thank you! Just finished like the 27th chapter. 350 pages down, about 300 left to go! :)
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:33 pm
Tenyo says...

Welcome to yws! And congrats on your twenty eight reviews in three days. That's quite an achievement! I like you already.

Especially since you've been working on the same novel for three years, that's really cool. I find it hard to commit to one thing for that long.

You know what I really like about this site? The critics. There are some sharp ones on here, so remember that pinch of salt. Whenever my own inner critic starts nagging me about every little thing I post my work on the forums and let other people do it for me. It's kind of like delegating the icky work to others so I can get something done.

At least that way I don't keep bugging myself about things I don't like that, sometimes, other people seem to like a lot! If someone where to lean over my shoulder picking out every mistake I make I'd end up punching them in the face- so it's probably a good thing I'm a pacifist or I'd end up with two black eyes and a broken jaw by lunch time.

Ohright, and I'm Ten! Nice to meet you.

I'm one of the moderators around here (those funny people with green names.) My speciality is Resources. It's right there under the forums tab, you should check it out! It if you have any questions about writing, or need to angst about punching your inner critic in the face, you can go post it there. Or if you have your own sagely advice or tips to add, it's always welcome.

And of course, feel free to message me any time! My inbox is a hungry critter and is always happy to get a snack or two.
We were born to be amazing.

1007 Reviews

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:32 pm
TimmyJake says...

Thanks for that! I will remember! :) I'm up to 32 now, and counting!!
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

Powerful men have a way of avoiding consequences.
— Dr. Harrison Wells, The Flash