z

Young Writers Society

My Name Is...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:16 pm
CeeJay says...

Just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself.

Here you can call me CeeJay, but in actuality it's Karl Wright.
I'm an aspiring writer, and have been on-and-off for three years now.
I specialize in short stories (preferably of the romantic kind) and poetry.
Truth is I'm a hopeless romantic so if you read some of my work you can tell what I'm in to.

Little something about me.
Hawaiin, 19, College Student
Love reading and writing, of course.
Believes that mary jane helps enlighten my mind.
Wants to be tatted up in the near future, already got one.

That's all there is really, its great to meet you all and hope we can help each other out.
P.S. I'm currently searching for a pen name, any ideas?

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:28 pm
Audy says...

Welcome CeeJay! :D

I'm Audy! I guess you can say I am really, really passionate when it comes to the poetry on this site. So, whenever you need a poem looked at, just call me over, I'll be more than happy to look at it!

Hopeless romantics seem to be a dying breed nowadays, ya? - it's always fun to see them around! Also cool to see that you're Hawaiian! Such a beautiful place <3

Also, what's your current tattoo of? I want to get one too, but I can never decide what I want!

Are you looking for a pen name like an author name - or a nickname to be used on the site? Because CeeJay/Ceej/CJ can work for the latter. As for the former - hum. That might need a bit of thought! But we've tons of creative people flocking around over here I'm sure can be of some help!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:37 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome! It's nice to meet you. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:56 pm
beckiw says...

Hai Ceejay!

I think it's nice that you're a hopeless romantic. There's often a lot of doom and gloom in writing around here, why not throw in some shiny love fun times!

Does getting a tattoo hurt? The idea of tattoos makes me shudder. Just like willingly allowing someone to jab you with a needle. I feel queasy now...

If you need any help on your YWS adventures feel free to call on me. I can be your mysterious old woman who seems to know too much. Or maybe something less creepy. Probably more completely useless but hopefully it'll be fun anyway.

See you around!
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:30 pm
Cheetah says...

Welcome CeeJay!! It's great to meet you!
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:25 pm
Tenyo says...

Welcome to YWS!

I admire poets. I'm a novelist, short stories don't work because I always get carried away with what I'm writing. The discipline it takes to fit everything you want to say into a such a condensed little set of lines is one that has always eluded me.

I do, however, love to read poetry, so I'll probably stop by your portfolio once you've buffed it up.

Have you checked out The Writers Corner? ( viewforum.php?f=124 ) You can post up a topic there to get some other ideas and some advice on choosing a pen name. It's a pretty useful forum.

I don't know if you've noticed the members with coloured names, but the greenies are Moderators, and my speciality is Resources. So! If you have any literary questions, queries, or research projects going on, feel free to give me a buzz and I'll be happy to help.
We were born to be amazing.

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein