z

Young Writers Society

Hello, new random person here

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:10 am
Zolen says...

hello, hello, hello, hello.

Zolen, here, a weirdo who might disappear, or hang around as you can tell by my rather dark avatar, I am a pretty odd and jumpy person eager to write, draw, build, create with these twitchy hands of mine. But oh the problems that come with that, for in my quest for improvement, I can't seem to find my own errors. Thus in my quest for improvement, to grow and steady these hands, I have come here to solve one of my problems.

Need to find a place where people honestly criticize work, give me something I can really work to improve myself with.

Also, possibly try poetry, but first I need to figure out where exactly I put it.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:01 pm
beckiw says...

Well hi there!

Your avvie has really sharp teeth. Like a shark. Like a shark person. Like a dark shark person.

If it's improvement you're wanting you came to the right place! We have nice friendly people too...but improvement yes. Also poetry. We have that. I don't really dabble in poetry but there are plenty that do. I'm sure someone will be along soon who does the poetry. If not, bother me and I'll point at people or just run around people's profiles going 'This person wants to do the poetry! Go do the poetry with them!' Either way we'll get you sorted.

So what kind of genres do you like writing in?
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

110 Reviews

Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:06 pm
Zolen says...

beckiw wrote:Well hi there!

Your avvie has really sharp teeth. Like a shark. Like a shark person. Like a dark shark person.

If it's improvement you're wanting you came to the right place! We have nice friendly people too...but improvement yes. Also poetry. We have that. I don't really dabble in poetry but there are plenty that do. I'm sure someone will be along soon who does the poetry. If not, bother me and I'll point at people or just run around people's profiles going 'This person wants to do the poetry! Go do the poetry with them!' Either way we'll get you sorted.

So what kind of genres do you like writing in?

Sharp teeth are amazing, they allow you to eat and drink at the same time, not many people know the nutritional value of blocks of 80% pure iron soaked in cranberry juice.

Nothing specific, I like to play around in everything except romance and smut, but I do enjoy making things that seem like making a fantasy or sci-fi, with dark themes. Creating my own magical world of wonder, and then covering them in as many epic and interesting events as possible. Recently however I rather then split the two I want to make a sci-fi story, that pretends to be a story based around magic.

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:34 pm
Cheetah says...

Hi! Welcome again to YWS! There's tons of people here that enjoy writing sci-fi. It's a fun genre!
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Clarity says...

Welcome to YWS! :D
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:20 pm
Audy says...

Also, possibly try poetry, but first I need to figure out where exactly I put it.

I can help ya out with that one ;-) I'm Audy, and I'm one of those "poetry people" that Becki mentioned. Cool thing about this community is that it's large enough that you're always going to have someone commenting on your work, and it's small enough to where everyone gets to know each other eventually!

Annnnnnd! It's really cool to meet you Zolen. Dark themes are a lot of fun to not only write - but also read! I also find that worldbuilding is one of my favorite parts of writing as well- just so happens that fantasy/scifi works REALLY well when it comes to creating that super epic world. Anyways, I'm excited that you're here and I hope to see you around a lot more :D

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:35 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome to the site! ^-^
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:08 pm
Messenger says...

Hi, welcome to YWS!!! This is a great place to get good reviews and encouragement.

110 Reviews

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:32 pm
Zolen says...

yay lots of reactions:

@TheMessenger: thus my great quest starts, and within it I will become god of tacos.

@Iggy: Thank you : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

@Audy: An attempt has been made, my shortest poem ever. If I win then awesome, if not, hopefully everyone becomes very confused and slightly scared of the style of writing.

Dark themes are fun to play with, I be not a fan of scaring myself, but in the dark all the best ideas pop up.

@ Clarity: Hello, hello, hello, how good is that clarity?

@ Cheetah: Yes science, I love me the science, to study and truly know this world, and Sci-fi that lets me express hypothesises that I sadly can't test.

363 Reviews

Reviews: 363
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:40 am
DreamWork says...

Hi zolen, maybe a bit too late huh? :D Still, welcome to the site! *cheers*
Dream high

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:33 pm
Tenyo says...

You're rather peculiar and have waaay too much energy. I like you already!
We were born to be amazing.

110 Reviews

Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:51 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

DreamWork wrote:Hi zolen, maybe a bit too late huh? :D Still, welcome to the site! *cheers*

It is never too late to wave alcoholic beverages in the internet's face, more so if the beer waver looks like he is already drunk.

Tenyo wrote:You're rather peculiar and have waaay too much energy. I like you already!

Energy is the life force of the universe, I demanded all the energy, thus when I was born I got all the other energy. They tricked me.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
— Voltaire