z

Young Writers Society

So, I'm new.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:35 pm
View Likes
Cptdapper says...

Hi. I'm Cptdapper but I also go by my penname Alastair Galven. ( a name based off my two favorite characters I made a while back, Sadly their book never quite made it past chapter 1 :( ) So I'll get straight to the point about myself, I write because I love to and it's one of the best times I can imagine. I have never really published anything before out of well purely being nervous. My grammar is absolutely terrible and I apologize for this since it's such an important task of writing but that's why I have my friend ( who is much better than me at editing) edit my grammar. Everything I write is fiction sorry if any characters remind you of real people. I'm willing to answer any questions asked and I'm really looking foreword to getting to know this community, and thank you all for the warm welcome. :D

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 pm
Clarity says...

Hey, welcome to YWS! :D You'll love it here! If you want help improving your grammar instead of your friend doing it, then I'm sure many of us will be happy to help you! I look forward to seeing you around the site. :)
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:26 am
View Likes
beckiw says...

Well hello (ahaha I typed Wello first. I should greet people like that...)

When I joined YWS my grammar was so bad it was non-existent but somehow people waded through my writing determined to point me in the right direction. I'm still not amazing but you can actually read my writing now...I count that as a win. I have no doubt people will do the same for you should you wish it!

If you need any help whilst you're dandering around, you can ask me. Can't guarantee that I'll be helpful but if not I can distract you from my lameness by throwing you at one of them green people. They love questions.

For now I shall ask you a question!

What kind of fiction do you write?
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

Random avatar

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:01 pm
Cptdapper says...

While intentionally I only intended to write Fantasy ( My favorite genre to read) The Story I'm writing as of right now is actually Science-Fiction. It's actually a fun genre to write because as with fantasy I could make up anything in the world and with Science fiction it's slightly different because I need to follow some more guidelines that aren't there for fantasy.

Edit: If your question was about what form I write in, the answer is novels/books I'd love to start writing short stories, and poems and me don't exactly get along.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:34 pm
Audy says...

Hullo Cptdapper!

I absolutely love your username/avatar btw :3 It makes me smile. Also, just so happens that Scifi/fantasy is my favorite genre to read. I tend to just love the fact that there's a huge world with all these interesting cultures and characters and magic/inventions. Right now, I just finished reading all of the Game of Thrones books back to back and I want to read some Sanderson next. I'm also a huge fan of HP and Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus trilogy.

What do you like to read? :-)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:36 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome to the site! :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:01 am
Dreamy says...

Hey there, welcome to YWS!
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:12 am
sphealwithit says...

Hey welcome to YWS Spealwithit here :)
"Nothing can suppress a humans curiosity"

363 Reviews

Reviews: 363
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:35 am
DreamWork says...

Hi there, welcome the the site(YWS) *cheers*. Any question, feel free to ask me ;)
Dream high

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:12 am
GlitterGabbi says...

Hi! It's Gabbeehhhhh (Gabbi)! xD

Firstly, welcome to the YWS! It's a really great site. There are lots of friendly people around you that can help you with your works and maybe other stuff! You'll find lots of works from other people, you can post your own work as well and other peeps can review it for you! (If you haven't figured it out yet :3) It's a great site, and I think you'll love it!

Now, I'll introduce myself. My name is Gabrielle, you can call me Gabbi for short. I also loe writing. I write fiction as well and at the moment, I'm writing a fictional story. In the future, I'm gonna try out other genres too! Like horror :D I'm starting to write my story, and I like to write stories in a novel kind of form. I'm also trying to write a children's picture book, maybe I'll get someone to illustrate it later when I finish it. I also can't write good poems. It's not my thing either.

If you want, I can help you with your grammar. We can also become friends :D Feel free to PM or message me :3

Well, Gabbi out.
[Insert Signature Here]

Random avatar

Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:51 pm
Cptdapper says...

Haha thanks for the offer. I hope you the best of luck on your stories including the children's book ( which I could never write/illustrate one for my drawing skills consist of crooked stickmen), Everyone on this site seems super awesome and you are no exception.
P.S. I absolutely love your Avatar.

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:22 pm
Cheetah says...

Welcome to YWS! You're going to love it here! :D
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:10 pm
GlitterGabbi says...

Thanks :D It's of Luffy! (From One Piece! I luv dat guy xD) Tho I am a girl.

I also really like yours too!

I'm trying to get an illustrator to draw it for me. I'm planning to just draw a sketch of a scene and character and dat illustrator can perfectly draw it for me. :3

Good luck to your works too! :D
[Insert Signature Here]

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:51 pm
Messenger says...

Hey!!! Welcome to YWS! It is a great place!!!! Got any questions? Shoot me a PM.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:27 pm
smile says...

welcome......guess it's kinda late ;)
a friend is the person who knows the song of your heart , and he can sing it to you when you forget the words

"asma"

Perfect kindness acts without thinking of kindness.
— Lao Tse