z

Young Writers Society

Hello, Bretheren

Reviews: 3
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:58 pm
horseholio says...

Well, hello I suppose. I enjoy writing and hope to find other writers to talk to and to discuss various things about writing with. Also i wish to share my writing with people who will actually critique it and not just tell me how good it is to spare my feelings. Which is quite annoying. I also enjoy acting, drawing, and singing (i know right, so typical) Acting is my favorite, but writing really helps get any negative feelings out of my system, and also get my ideas out of my head and into the world.

I suppose that's all I have to say here. well, hello.
from the desk of Santa Claus

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:06 pm
Omi1 says...

Hey, nice to meet you. And I completely understand when you say that people don't critique you properly. I get it all the time... I'm new here, but one thing I've learned is that here constructive criticism is given a lot and people actually mean what they say. Which is nice because I'm a bad enough writer that I need all the help I can get. :P
---- Omi1 ----

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:35 pm
Cheetah says...

Hi horseholio! Welcome to YWS! What kind of writing do you like best? And I see you're into acting. I know a few people on this site who enjoy writing screenplays, maybe you could check them out. :) Everyone here is really friendly and we're glad you joined. If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone else. Enjoy! :D
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

Reviews: 3
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:41 pm
horseholio says...

Cheetah, I love your signature so much. I am an enormous potterhead.

also thank you for the warm welcomes, and I enjoy fictional short stories, usually involving very dark themes, which is strange because my dramatic acting is horrible.
from the desk of Santa Claus

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:48 pm
Cheetah says...

Thanks, I love your signature as well!
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:56 am
View Likes
beckiw says...

Well hello!

I spent about five minutes staring at your avvie. Craaaaazy eyes o.0

You'll definitely find a ton of people practically gagging to talk to you about writing here (and probably acting, singing and drawing). There's an Art and Photography thread! You should check it out.

If you need any help I'm usually dandering around the site during the day. Can't promise I'll actually be helpful but you can laugh at my flailing attempts to point you in the right direction.

See you around!
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:24 am
Dreamy says...

Well, hello there! So nice to have you join in this huge family! Welcome! ;)
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:56 am
Snoink says...

Your avvie genuinely freaks me out. O_O

Still, welcome!

*hides from avvie*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:33 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Greetings and welcome to the site! :)

You're a Potterhead as well?! Ohmygod, hit me up sometime so we can fangirl together. >.>

Other than that, welcome! If you ever need any help around the site, you can always PM a moderator. That's the people in green or red. ^-^
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:31 pm
Clarity says...

Welcome to YWS! :D
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

grammar is hard and i dislike it immensely