z

Young Writers Society

Anyone else here love villain psychology???

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 pm
GreenLight24 says...

Hey everyone! I'm new here (just in yesterday in fact), and so far I am absolutely loving this site. Fantastic. All the insightful people and awesome discussion has got me on cloud 9. Anyways, I'd like to reach out to see if I can find anyone else on here that's interested in villains, and the way they think. I have a penchant for mentally disturbed character, and mental breakdowns, and I love to psychoanalyze characters, ezpecially the bad guys. (my favorite character ever is Princess Azula from ATLA for cryin out loud....you never grow out of Nickelodeon.) Anyways, I started a blog on this site dealing with that, as well as a lonnnng range of other topics, and am looking not only for ubscribers, but just like-minded literary minds as well. Anyone's welcome to follow me (I follow back) or just simply hit me up. ;)
"My Wellspring of Wisdom told me so!"

-Victorique De Blois, Gosick.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:45 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

Hi GreenLight! Welcome to YWS! :D

My current WIP involves a kind of mental breakdown/spiral into moral nothingness, because all my characters seem to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown, lol. And I'm with you on analysing characters--that's one of my favourite parts of writing and reading. ^_^

See you around, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site! Do PM or Wall me if you have any questions, or need a review on anything.

-twit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:32 pm
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

Ah welcome!

I didn't realize that you had only just joined yesterday, due to your posting and review rate. Reminds me of when I first joined. Ah, those were the days...

I hope you find what you're looking for with this site. Have you taken a look at the SB forums? They seem like something that may be of interest to you.

And twisted, psychotic individuals are pretty standard fare in the way of villians on here, I'm sure you'll find compatriots in regards to that cause.

And Azula, really? I was always a Zuko fan, maybe because I thought his scar was cool or I wished my voice sounded like that or something...

Have fun, great to have you Greeny
~ED
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:20 pm
View Likes
RobbieFava says...

I absolutely love studying villains! I'm so glad that somebody created this as a topic of discussion. I agree that Azula is a great character. She's definitely somebody I loved to hate, which is definitely something that makes a villain both interesting and admirable.
Zuko was also a great villain because of the fact that he constantly bordered on both protagonist and antagonist. This is probably my favorite villain archetype because you can strongly relate to his character while still hating the things he does. He's kind of like Catwoman or Emma Frost... but a dude.
Ultimately I'd have to say that my favorite villain in cartoons or comics is probably Poison Ivy. She's psychotic and misguided but hardly evil, although most of her endeavors are generally looked upon as such. She feels rejected by the human world and in turn rejects them back. Her story (depending on which one you read) is interesting, being the victim of abuse and betrayal, and she is certainly a force to be reckoned with. She fits the criteria of being somewhat relatable while also being a formidable and outlandish foe. And who doesn't admire a woman who gets what she wants by kissing people and wreaking havoc with the power of nature??? Maybe that's just my personal taste though.. I have a tendency to write up some crazy and rather racy characters myself.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:52 pm
View Likes
deleted17 says...

The most common thing with villains is that they usually want revenge, money, or something else.

I like having my villains be a little more complicated. (I like Loki more than I do than the Avengers.)

For example, the bad guy, could have a difficult past and want to "rearrange" the world so that it may be a better place. No labels, no names, no sides. That's pretty good right? Almost as if it's the heroes idea, right?

I USED to love good endings, but now I'm sick of them. I want the bad guy to win for once! FOR ONCE, (I'm looking at you Hollywood.) I want the bad guy to win. I'm starting to like the villains more than I do the heroes. Why? The heroes all have the same personality. Either they don't believe it, or they do, or they don't care. That, is something that annoys me.

In a nutshell, I love the villains over the hero. I only do that on certain books though.
Have your chin up, and speak up.Otherwise, nothing will get done.And what you need to say, will never be heard.Just be confident in what you say, and stand by it

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:48 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

I so love the mentally disturbed characters and my favorite is Hannibal Lecter. I don't know why I find those characters attractive, intellectual and so many other things :D For me they are the heroes. :D
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:23 pm
Jonathan says...

Welcome to YWS.

Thank's for the review on my poem.

I loved the way you wrote that review. XD

Anyway you should listen to the people who wrote above.

Just in case they forgot to say, check out the buddy system in clubs.

~Jonathan~
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:35 pm
View Likes
Kevikur says...

Dreamy wrote:I so love the mentally disturbed characters and my favorite is Hannibal Lecter. I don't know why I find those characters attractive, intellectual and so many other things :D For me they are the heroes. :D

Agreed! Hannibal Lecter is one of my favorite characters of all time. The show is amazing and Mads Mikkelsen portrayed him perfectly. Hannibal is interesting, though. He knows what he's doing and doesn't suffer from any mental disturbance. I'd gladly go over to his house for dinner. I'd just have to bring a dictionary to keep up with his extensive vocabulary.
"Blood is really warm, it's like drinking hot chocolate but with more screaming."
-Ryan Mecum

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
— Albus Dumbledore