z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 am
ethan1 says...

Hello everyone!
I am new to YWS, and very excited to be here.

So, here is a little about me.
I am 12 years old, very close to 13.
I grew up reading and doing math, this put me far ahead of everyone else in school.
By the time I was in kindergarten I could speak like an average 10 year old and could add, subtract, multiply, divide, square numbers... you get the point.
If that wasn't already enough ahead of everyone, in my 1-4 grades I didn't get why people read fiction. I never saw the point of it if it wasn't real.
So I read tons of nonfiction, biographies, all of that.
(Now all I read are fiction books when I'm not writing my own)

in the fifth grade I did alot of contests, I entered a spelling bee (won), Math team (won), Team Quest (won). Spelling bee was the only one that delivered a challenge.

In sixth grade I met my favorite teachers. I loved every class and was a committed, hardworking student. Every teacher wanted me to be something else when I grow up.
A Military Strategist, a Historian, a Marine Biologist, and a Writer.

Writer seems like the only possible one. I have read just about everything from
"The Hunger Games" to "The Illiad", and maybe some books that I shouldn't have read like "The Night Angel Trilogy" that got me grounded for a month. I loved it and wanted to do it for myself.

But now going into seventh grade and don't know if I will have the time. I have Soccor and tennis, advanced math classes and a whole bunch of other stuff.

So I hope I find the time and do so and post some works here.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:04 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!

My name is Iggy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

I love the Hunger Games and plan on creating a fanfic novel. :)

Here are the rules of YWS. Please read and remember them. This is the forums page, where you can find The Lounge, the Welcome Mat, the Writers Corner, etc. Have a look around, as each forum may have subforums inside. Here is the Storyteller's section, and this is a FAQ, which should answer any questions about Storybooks, or what you do to make one, etc. Another useful FAQ is this.

Also, you may notice that some of the users around here have differently-colored usernames.

Light green = Junior Moderator
Dark green = Moderator
Red = Administrator
Orange = Distinguished Member
Black = Nate (the wonderful admin)

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :-)

Cheers!

- Iggy.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:07 pm
Rydia says...

Hey ethan, welcome!

I hope you're settling in alright so far and just wanted to drop by and say if you need anything at all, feel free to ask.

By the way, I love the Night Angel Trilogy and don't think anyone shoul be grounded for reading it!

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf