z

Young Writers Society

Scotland!!!

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:35 am
Empress says...

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there from Scotland? I was born in Glasgow and I live about an hour away now.

So is anyone else from the land of tartan, haggis, kilts, bagpipes, whisky, castles, mountains, munros, tablet, Burns, lochs, William Wallace, Robert the Bruce, Carnegie, Andy Murray, Braveheart, inventions, wisdom, rain, and beauty?

Or if not, are there any international fans of this glorious country out there?

If there are, greetings!
:D :D :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:05 am
View Likes
eviehoward says...

I'm not from Bonny Scotland, but I'm a neighbour. Born and bred in stupid England >.< I have a friend who lives in Falkirk though :D And I love the Scots Accent, so much better than the silly English ones.

Oh and I love Kilts, haha. Oh and HAGGIS! OMG I LOVE HAGGIS!
“Books loved anyone who opened them, they gave you secruity and friendship and didn't ask for anything in return; they never went away, never, not even when you treated them badly. ”
― Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

21 Reviews

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:19 am
Empress says...

Ahahaha glad to hear it! It's nice to meet an English person who's actually a fan, especially of haggis! It's great though isn't it? Particularly with neeps and tatties :D

Yes the accent can be lovely (not the unpleasant guttural weegie one but the broad Highland one etc!) I unfortunately have a warped English/American one though as my dad was in the army. I've lived here from the ages of 0-2 and 8-16 but never got the accent again!

One of my best friends is from Falkirk! And I actually wear a kilt as part of my school uniform! It's several shades of blue :)

Nice to meet you!

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:39 pm
eviehoward says...

Nice to meet you too :D
“Books loved anyone who opened them, they gave you secruity and friendship and didn't ask for anything in return; they never went away, never, not even when you treated them badly. ”
― Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:12 am
StoneHeart says...

Technically speaking I'm from Belize, if you asked someone from Arizona where I was from they'd say ARIZONA! . . . But my family is a part Irish (among many other things) . . .

I inherited the accent. >>
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

21 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:42 pm
Empress says...

Belize? Cool! And I love the Irish accent (more than Scottish!), although I'm part Welsh so love their accent too!

Yeah my best friend is Irish, lovely country :)

So you live in Arizona? I've always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon!

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality