z

Young Writers Society

Greetings Children of the Pen

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:40 am
View Likes
TheRollingTaco says...

I am Taco, the most socially awkward person you may ever meet. If anyone plays an instrument or is in marching band, i'd be happy to talk ^_^
Pit happens. Deal with it.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:47 am
niteowl says...

Hi Taco and welcome to YWS! I like your username.

I'm not in band, but I bet that plenty of our members are. There might even be a club for it (someone verify this).

What kind of things do you like to write/read?

If you need any help getting started, let me know!

Now, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

5 Reviews

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:27 am
TheRollingTaco says...

niteowl wrote:Hi Taco and welcome to YWS! I like your username.

I'm not in band, but I bet that plenty of our members are. There might even be a club for it (someone verify this).

What kind of things do you like to write/read?

If you need any help getting started, let me know!

Now, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:

i like to read and write sci fi and fantasy. And thanks!

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:30 am
Holysocks says...

Welcome!!!

I sing, and I can play the piano if I try real hard!... But that's all for my musical talents. Though, now you have me curious... What do you play?
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:40 am
Holysocks says...

Oh, and I do spend alot of time in the clubs, @niteowl, but I haven't seen one that's for band people... yet. At least not one that's active. There is alot of fan clubs for bands though...? Probably dosn't help, oh well. Someone could make one...
100% autistic

5 Reviews

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:35 am
TheRollingTaco says...

Holysocks wrote:Welcome!!!

I sing, and I can play the piano if I try real hard!... But that's all for my musical talents. Though, now you have me curious... What do you play?

Thanks! I'm probably playing marimba this year. It's like a xylophone, but more... Earthy? It's played in a marching band pit.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 am
Skydreamer says...

Sadly I do not play any instrument Taco, but I am sometimes socially awkward!! XD

Welcome to YWS I really hope you like it here and have loads of fun!! I am probably going to arrive at your wall soon. So, welcome! If you have any questions please ask me or anyone!

Also I like your username. :D
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:34 am
Blackwood says...

*Musical genius at your service.

*sexy
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:07 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

No no no, I am the socially awkward queen! :P

Hiya Taco, welcome to YWS! :D

I'm not in a marching band as such, I don't know what my band qualifies as but I am in a band and I play the guitar. I also play piano a bit, but I kind of fail at that. The marimba sounds cool, have you ever played any other instruments in the past?

Anyway, although musicality is an awesome trait to have, (I'm pretty sure there's a club for muscial people, I'll let you know if I find it) I'm sure you didn't join purely on that. Whether you write lyrics, songs, poems, scripts you can post your work up on here and get some really good reviews. And you can return the favour by reviewing other people's work too.

If you haven't already, I strongly suggest you visit the Buddy System, it's a club where you can find a mentor who has more experience on this site to help you out for the first month or so while you're finding your feet.

Lastly, if you have any questions feel free to PM me with anything. However if you feel it's something more serious, PM a green-coloured-username member, they're the moderators of the site- they'd be happy to help!

Hope I see you around!
-Arc x
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

5 Reviews

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:31 pm
View Likes
TheRollingTaco says...

@thewritersdream: thank you, i appreciate it!

@Blackwood: I see by your profile picture that you play a string instrument. I will not assume it's a violin though because i have viola friends.

@ArcticMonkey: Thank you! Guitar's pretty cool. My brother plays. I've played a lot of percussion and tried clarinet in the sixth grade, but that didn't work out.

(I got fed up with quoting, and i noticed you could tag. I'm not completely sure how it works, but here i go!)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:06 am
Caesar says...

Hey there! Marching band is cool. I played clarinet for five years actually, hahahhaa. Then I switched to more easily accessible forms of music-making.

Welcome to YWS!
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

332 Reviews

Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:08 am
Blackwood says...

@TheRollingTaco
My picture can be misleading, I'm more of a brassy person.

5 Reviews

Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:17 am
TheRollingTaco says...

@Louiscypher Thank you! My close friends play clarinet. :)

@Blackwood Yes, that is very misleading. What brass instrument?

332 Reviews

Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:31 am
Blackwood says...

TheRollingTaco wrote:@Louiscypher Thank you! My close friends play clarinet. :)

@Blackwood Yes, that is very misleading. What brass instrument?

Trumpet and tuba :)

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:53 am
Stori says...

Hi, Taco. I've never been in a band but I used to play hand drums. Have you heard of them?

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob