z

Young Writers Society

Newbie here. Celjiii

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm
Celjiii says...

Hello Guys! I am Celj, 17, Philippines.

I joined this online community to fulfill my need - the need to release emotions. You know? When it comes to a point that life is going tough, and you could understand not even a single thing. You're like living in the emptiness. :!:

One thing, is also to enhance my writing. :) Although my teachers at school think I do good at writing (essays, poems, stories) but I believe there's always a room for improvement. I hope I'll do better with your help! :) :D

Thank you YWS! :)
To look life in the face.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:56 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!

My name is Iggy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

Here are the rules of YWS. Please read and remember them. This is the forums page, where you can find The Lounge, the Welcome Mat, the Writers Corner, etc. Have a look around, as each forum may have subforums inside. Here is the Storyteller's section, and this is a FAQ, which should answer any questions about Storybooks, or what you do to make one, etc. Another useful FAQ is this.

Also, you may notice that some of the users around here have differently-colored usernames.

Light green = Junior Moderator
Dark green = Moderator
Red = Administrator
Orange = Distinguished Member
Black = Nate (the wonderful admin)

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :-)

Cheers!

- Iggy.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:58 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Hiya Celj! Welcome to YWS :D

If you want to enhance your writing then you've certainly come to the right place. Here you can post your own work up and get some feedback that should help you with your writing. You can then also return the favour and give your thoughts on someone else's work.

Feel free to ask me anything if you've got any questions. Or if you feel it's something a bit more serious ask a moderator of the site (their usernames are in dark or light green)- we'd be happy to help.

I would give you a link to the Buddy System but I see you've already posted there and are expecting a mentor, so I'll leave it at that!

Bye for now,
-Arc x
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:09 pm
ImHero says...

Welcome to the Young Writers Society! I have developed by SO much after my first year here. The thing is teachers are great and all but they do not specialize in poetry, essays, and stories, like some of us do. Chances are we can nitpick and show the way to writing ten times better! We have diverse perspectives everywhere and from some people who study theory ect. So chances are we will make you question your practices! Which is a good thing I might add ;)

If you wish, post on my review for food thread to receive a review on your work. I mainly like poetry but I can write a mean essay and short story as well. Here is the link; Judgement Day

If you have any questions you can also ask me. :)

Your hero,
ImHero
new profile: profile.php?u=36729

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou